About High Alpha Innovation:
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
Our newest company is currently in stealth mode and seeking a DL/Computer Vision Engineer - Consultant to conceive and design a world-class product from scratch. You’ll work closely with the internal High Alpha Innovation team and our partner who will provide you with additional context, research and operational support throughout the program.
What you’ll do:
- Support Head of Product with development of new models to calculate cattle height in-chute in order to replace human measurement using computer vision or other IoT method
- Manage data capture and ingestion efforts for new inputs
- Develop improved method for cattle sort precision enablement using new and existing data assets
- Develop improved method for modeling growth, performance, marketing and procurement timelines at lot and individual animal level using new and existing models and data asset
- Identify and manage hardware materials required to capture essential model data
- Work with external vendors to source, install and manage software and hardware materials
What we need from you:
- MS or PHD in applied mathematics focusing on numerical analysis, high performance computing, physics or related field
- Proven track-record of writing computer vision and/or sensor enabled models (via research publications or work products you can reference)
- At least one finished complex, real-world CV project in the role of CV developer with algorithms implementation (including optimization algorithms and/or nonlinear optimizations).
- Demonstrated proficiency with analytics-oriented programming languages including Python/R, Matlab or low level languages such as C+
- Research/work experience in CNN, reinforcement learning, deep learning, or general machine learning algorithms
- Advanced proficiency managing machine learning life cycle platforms (ML Flow / Kubeflow) and cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- In-depth understanding of CI/CD and other DevOps processes.
- Willingness travel to and work in rugged conditions (may need to travel periodically to cattle feedyard)
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating complex statistical/machine learning results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated excellence in collaborating in teams and across functions
- Proficient using Azure cloud environments (Azure preferred over AWS)
- Experience working for a start-up
- Have an entrepreneurial mind-set - are consistently curious and always tinkering to solve a big problems using the latest technologies
- Maintain an external lens and stay abreast of emerging platforms, technologies (ML/AI, Reinforcement Learning, Deep learning, Intelligent automation, NLP, NLG, Big Data/Data Lakes) and evaluate business viability of such technologies for specific use cases.
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.