About The Company:
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
Our newest company is currently in stealth mode and seeking a technical co-founder. This StealthCo streamlines communications between on-site construction professionals including subcontractors, foreman, and superintendents to ensure projects can be executed on-time and on-budget. You’ll work closely with the internal High Alpha Innovation team while reporting directly to the CEO. Both our CEO and the High Alpha Innovation team leaders have seen exponential growth across a variety of SaaS platforms in multiple industries with successful exits.
As our technical co-founder you will partner with the CEO to build a big, important, durable business from the ground up. You’ll have the support of High Alpha Innovation’s venture studio team of experts and our corporate partner who will be the first investor and provide customer introductions and assets along the way to get this company launched. You’ll lead all engineering activities and have the unique opportunity to be a creator, builder, and innovator to build a world-class product from scratch. This is an exciting opportunity to make a great career leap from being a spoke in a wheel to a leader who’s running the show.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a co-founder and executive partner to the CEO assisting shaping corporate strategy and company vision while participating in building conviction in the market, with investors, and customers
- Plan and define the architecture of the platform, and lead the creation of the MVP
- Refine engineering architecture as the product expands
- Build, lead and grow the engineering team dedicated to the ongoing advancement of the SaaS product
- Develop and support a culture of continuous improvement and best practices within the Engineering organization
- Develop and maintain a Lean/Agile startup culture maturing with scale, and foster high level of employee motivation, performance, and commitment
- Design and develop clean, scalable, and maintainable code
- Work with modern languages, frameworks, and tools to build a cutting edge platform leveraging the most effective and modern technologies
- Execute continuous deployment practices, including automated testing and continuous integration
What we need from you:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in voice, text, IVR and SMS platforms such as Twilio, Asterisk, Upwire, MessageBird
- 3+ years of leading and coaching a team of developers that you will be focused on hiring from initial stages
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience building, scaling & monitoring infrastructure needed for SaaS-based application and services
- Well networked within engineering communities and able to recruit and add talent to your team
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.