About The Company:
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
Our newest company is currently in stealth mode and seeking a product designer to conceive and design a wold-class product from scratch. This StealthCo streamlines communications between on-site construction professionals including subcontractors, foreman, and superintendents to ensure projects can be executed on-time and on-budget. You’ll work closely with the internal High Alpha Innovation team while reporting directly to the CEO. Both our CEO and the High Alpha Innovation team leaders have seen exponential growth across a variety of SaaS platforms in multiple industries with successful exits.
We are looking for an experienced product designer as our first, full-time design lead, solely focused on design for our platform. As Senior Product Designer, you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with our Engineering, product, and leadership teams to discover, create, and launch new software. You will have the unique opportunity to lead product design and rapidly prototype new and innovative solutions, as we develop a platform from the ground up. Your efforts will shape the future of the product, team, and company.
While the ideal candidate has experience in the full design and delivery pipeline — from discovery & research through high-fidelity design and prototyping — we’re looking for someone with a detailed eye for modern interface and interaction design.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a leader on the product & engineering team that’s focused on delivering value to our users through thoughtful design.
- Collaborate on design ideas and concepts with engineering, product, and leadership teams.
- Own and execute design solutions from ideation to execution.
- Assist in the definition and scoping of new products, features, and MVPs.
- Talk to prospects and potential users to validate concepts and design thoughtful solutions.
- Collaborate with the High Alpha Innovation designers to give and receive thoughtful feedback on creative work.
- Refine user interaction and visual design detail over product life cycles.
- Define a comprehensive design system that will allow for the continued development of new features in an efficient and consistent manner
What we need from you:
- 5+ years of professional software product design experience.
- Experience in end-to-end product design (conceptual discovery through high-fidelity delivery), but with a strong visual UI focus.
- Strong communication skills, who listens and seeks to understand the “why.”
- A thoughtfully-presented portfolio that demonstrates a refined aesthetic, the ability to think conceptually, and excellent visual and product design skills.
- Experience in UX research methods.
- Genuine curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Proven experience creating high-fidelity designs in Sketch, XD, Figma, etc.
- Comfort working in a code editor as well as design tools.
- Experience working with engineering teams to develop designs that align with technical realities.
- The ability to create prototypes using tools such as InVision, Marvel, Framer, or other tools as well as working HTML/CSS/JS.
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.