About High Alpha Innovation:
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organization to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture capital studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
High Alpha Innovation is looking for a Studio Platform Associate to develop networks that provide world-class support and advice for new startups launched by High Alpha Innovation. Reporting to the Director, you'll provide a world-class experience for co-founding teams, acting as a single point of contact from incorporation to offboarding, while providing hands-on support to the new companies.
What you’ll do:
- Hold weekly Office Hours -- along with the Directors of Finance and Talent -- with co-founding teams of new startups launched by High Alpha Innovation, connecting them with High Alpha Innovation networks to support them for their first 90-days.
- Develop, cultivate, and leverage networks to provide exponential value to our startups including:
- FUSION (High Alpha Innovation’s Advisor Network) to identify potential board members, advisors, or industry / subject-matter experts;
- Pre-Seed and Seed-stage VCs interested in investing in High Alpha Innovation’s startups, providing bespoke investor introductions to our startups;
- Network of pre-vetted and discounted service and software providers
- Ensure a stellar experience for co-founding teams, acting as quarterback for the Studio support team (Finance, Talent, Marketing, and Design), partnering with the Design and Marketing teams to continuously improve each touchpoint from onboarding to offboarding, and developing a repeatable playbook that ensures each detail is executed.
What we need from you:
- 3-5 years experience in building and managing communities of executives and/or entrepreneurs; relevant backgrounds include network management, recruiting, field marketing, a or partnership management. Ideally that experience in is early-stage startup or venture capital (preferred)
- Excellent relationship-builder and communicator, polished executive presence, and ability to instill confidence in your work
- Ability to adapt and excel autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to direct strategic initiatives while executing on tactical duties, manage and deliver on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Clear and direct communication style with attention to detail and accuracy, high sense of urgency, excellence is the minimum requirement
What we value:
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.