About High Alpha Innovation:
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
High Alpha Innovation is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst gathers and interprets financial data, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, formulating reports and recommendations to facilitate decision making. This position will help facilitate forecasting, planning and reporting for the organization and its portfolio companies. This role is both analytical and tactical in nature. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in accounting and/or finance, a great attitude and enthusiasm to meet goals in a fast-paced and high-growth organization. Strong ability to apply accounting principles to basic tasks and take responsibility for working with our internal team, compiling financial information, preparing reports, and handling other accounting/analyst functions. The analyst will be capable of completing ad hoc projects with minimal supervision and loves doing so!
What you’ll do:
- Develops automated reporting and forecasting tools for more efficient use of data.
- Maintain and update financial models based on analyses to support organizational decision making.
- Produce monthly reports, which include key performance metrics (KPIs), financial results, and variance reporting for organizational leaders.
- Drive operational improvements across Finance and other stakeholders at High Alpha Innovation with actionable results, reporting findings to leadership and improving forecasting and model accuracy.
- Collaborate and partner with multiple departments across the company.
- Analyzes industry trends and makes recommendations based on those trends.
- Analyze financial data and provide forecasting support.
- Prepare reports and projections based on financial data.
- Develop/maintain reconciliation and reporting process for Corporate Partners and portfolio companies.
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data, taking into account company’s goals and financial standing.
- Providing creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Assembling and summarizing data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks.
- Provide analytical, forecasting, reporting, and project support to senior management.
- Spearhead the annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Support monthly closing of financial key measurements.
- Support any ad hoc requests by internal management and external customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- CPA designation a plus
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, strategic finance, and/or auditing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in big data analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting
- Advanced experience in Google sheets/docs, Excel, databases, and financial software applications
- Experience with QuickBooks is preferred.
- Ability to compile financial information from various sources and assist in the preparation of reports
- Capacity to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical reporting
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.