Director or Manager of Finance
About High Alpha Innovation:
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
High Alpha Innovation is looking for a Finance Manager or Director to provide world-class finance and accounting support for High Alpha Innovation and the companies and studios we launch. Reporting to the CEO, you'll own finance activities and be part of the High Alpha Innovation and portfolio company leadership teams to create, launch and scale next-generation enterprise cloud companies. You’ll have the opportunity to own the finance function in totality and grow into a strategic leadership role; this is a CFO track opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a trusted advisor on all aspects of accounting & finance for early-stage High Alpha Studio portfolio companies
- Guide Finance and Strategy support for High Alpha Innovation and our portfolio companies
- Manage forecasting processes (monthly and quarterly forecasts, scenario modeling)
- Research and evaluate tools to improve operational efficiencies for High Alpha & portfolio companies
- Keep up-to-date on industry news, best practices and thought leadership
- Support High Alpha Innovation venture fund operations, working closely with investors from our corporate partners and other VCs
- Actively contribute to new business ideas
What we need from you:
- 5+ years experience in finance and accounting, including support of a SaaS, VC, consulting, or PE organization
- Financial planning and analysis expertise in budgeting, forecasting, scenario modeling, and strategy development
- Accounting proficiency - well versed in managing the balance sheet, P&L, AP, AR, and compliance
- Excellent relationship builder and communicator, polished executive presence, and ability to instill confidence in your work
- Ability to adapt & excel autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to direct strategic initiatives while executing on tactical duties, manage & deliver on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Attention to detail & accuracy, high sense of urgency, excellence is the minimum requirement
- B2B SaaS knowledge and/or experience
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
We are Bold
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
We Create Opportunity
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
High Alpha Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.