The Senior Java Developer will be joining a team of top server engineers that design and build the heart of H5G games and product platform. The right candidate will be challenged to help propel H5G to the top tier of social gaming through adoption and application of the latest in the Server side, Big Data and AI technology, such as high scalable cloud based infrastructure, stream analysis and machine learning. The person will be a key contributor to aspects of design and delivery of all H5G Server Systems, Services and Data Stores.
BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. MS in CS or Engineering a big plus.
Technical expertise – Architecture & Systems Development
- Deep expertise in and experience with Java server side development, real time SOA and micro services architecture (6 years+)
- Expertise with REST API Concepts and Dropwizard/Jersey Framework, low-level networking (TCP stack) and Netty Framework
- 5+ years of design and delivery of high volume highly available back end infrastructures – Telcos / Trading / AdTech systems, etc. Excellent understanding of enterprise architecture patterns, UML.
- Gaming or Equity trading server side experience is a big plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering systems at large scale (20K+ mps) using Kafka and Hazelcast
- In depth understanding of the Distributed System Concepts: Leadership, Consensus, In-Sync Replicas, Partitioning
- 6+ years of hands on Java development, strong familiarity with C / C++
- Strong understanding of key security concepts and patterns
- Excellent understanding of enterprise and mobile facing systems architecture
Technical expertise - Data Management
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL DBs, specifically with Cassandra and MySQL
- Experience with cloud-based Big Data tools.
- Experience with Real Time Stream Analysis. Experience with ML and AI modeling a big plus.
Systems Operational maturity
- Experience building operationally mature, well instrumented, very highly scalable, highly available, secure systems
- Experience with Build Automation Tools: Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker Image Repositories
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, DataDog, Stackdriver
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, Java development and continuous integration best practices. Expertise with Jira and Confluence a big plus.