Our Game Design team is seeking an individual with a strong programming and mathematics background and an enthusiasm for games. The Game Design team uses a combination of experience, intuition, user feedback, and mathematical analyses to explore and implement innovative new gaming concepts. Focusing on the development of new slot games and social casinos, this team creates, analyzes, and tunes the gameplay to provide a more fun and compelling experience.
As a Game Engineer on the Game Design team, you will be responsible for the implementation of server-side game logic. These implementations are the foundation of High 5 Games’s social casinos and real money gaming products.
- Develop, test, and maintain server-side casino game logic (Java)
- Implement probabilistic casino game value calculations
- Prepare game documentation for submission to regulatory agencies
- Provide support and assistance to other departments as required
- Those with an interest will have the opportunity to collaborate with the rest of the team on game designs as well.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, or related field with a distinguished academic record
- Desire to work with a highly-technical, multi-disciplinary team to implement fun and engaging social and real money gambling experiences
- Strong familiarity with Java
- A solid understanding of probability, combinatorics, and statistics
- Experience with and solid understanding of software development processes and best practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- 2-4 years of experiencing working in a multiple member development team
- Master’s degree in mathematics, computer science, or related field with a distinguished academic record
- Familiarity with C++