Reporting to the General Counsel and Casino Operations Director, you will closely collaborate with the different departments across the Company managing all regulatory and compliance requirements. As Head of Compliance you will support the international expansion for B2B and B2C.
The day-to-day role of the Regulatory Attorney role includes developing, defining, maintaining and revising company compliance policies, procedures and systems, as well as liaising with different compliance authorities where the business currently operates or wishes to operate.
Key areas of focus include:
- Game Certification
- Responsible Gaming
- AML and Due Diligence
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the world’s leading iGaming companies and help shape the future of their brands.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As Regulatory Attorney, you will, among other duties:
- Review, draft, and negotiate customer agreements from inception to execution, with a primary focus on licenses, service agreements and associated transactional documents for standard but higher volume deals.
- Review, draft and negotiate inbound/supply chain contracts and associated transactional documents.
- Support contract reviews and audit and maintenance of customer agreement database as needed.
- Interact with internal clients and stakeholders (including senior management), opposing counsel and other third parties in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Conducting inspections of gaming site locations and gaming terminal machines to ensure:
- Sufficient limitations on access for people underage
- Sufficient line of sight
- E.A.L. logs present and properly filled out in each gaming terminal machine
- General cleanliness of the area
- Process new applications to the Illinois Gaming Board for Terminal Handlers and PSICS, including any supporting financial documentation.
- Process renewal applications to the Illinois Gaming Board for the entity, Terminal Handlers, and PSICS.
- Review employee criminal background checks, at time of initial licensing and time of renewal.
- Participate in the filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the entity and PSICS.
- Become acquainted with, obtain, and see to the timely renewal of any municipal licensing or sticker for gaming terminal machines.
- Monitor and Maintain liquor licenses exist and are in place for any establishment requiring a liquor license to support gaming.
- Monitor counties and municipalities who have elected to opt-in or opt-out of gaming.
- Assist in submitting and processing of hardware and software to Sci Games and the Illinois Gaming Board.
- Maintain knowledge of and ensure full compliance of gaming laws (federal and state) and attendant regulations, as well as the organization’s internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Observes all safety and gaming regulations when performing assigned duties; report safety hazards to assigned supervisor.
- Follows all security procedures.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Compliance & Regulatory requirements.
- Relevant professional qualifications and a proven track record.
- Analytical and decisive skills, with the ability to prioritize and communicate key objectives to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Previous experience in iGaming industry is highly desirable.
- A good team player, capable of leading in a fast-paced pressured environment maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Excellent Communication Skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business