High 5 Games has an excellent opportunity for a DevOps Engineer who is looking to join a team that's committed to working on cutting edge technology, and having fun while doing it.
- Design, implement and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the scalability, availability, performance, latency, and efficiency of High5games.
- Build software systems and tools for scaling core site reliability systems and capabilities across the entire stack.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems with operability being the core tenet.
- Collaborate with developers in the deployment and scaling of new product features to facilitate rapid iteration and massive growth.
- Perform deep dives into reliability issues; partner with software and systems engineers across the organization to produce and roll out fixes.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Participate in the 24x7 on call rotation.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field; may be substituted with equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in SRE, DevOps or Production Operations role
- Hands on experience scripting with Python or Ruby, or Ansible
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, DNS, etc), OSI Layers, infrastructure services and security
- Experience with Load Balancers.
- Experience with Google Cloud platform
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is required.
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL) databases
- Competencies in *nix environments
- Knowledge/Experience of Terraform
- Knowledge of Cassandra is a plus
- Working knowledge of technologies listed below (but not limited to).
Jenkins, CentOS, Python, Git, Perforce, ELK stack, Graphite, IPA, OSSEC, Google Cloud, Java 8, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hazelcast, Apache, Nginx, Ansible, VMware