POSITION SUMMARY

H.I.G. Capital is seeking to hire an Associate to join its Capital Formation Group. The position is a generalist cross-functional role, broadly supporting the Capital Formation team in capital raising, marketing and client service needs for H.I.G.’s family of funds. The candidate will gain broad exposure to all aspects of H.I.G.’s private equity, private credit and real assets strategies, focused on marketing and fundraising initiatives. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on a global team and with the largest dedicated team of investment professionals focused on the lower to middle market. The candidate will be an integral part of the Capital Formation team and provide critical assistance in identifying and securing commitments from institutional investors.

This role is preferred in New York, but open to candidates in Miami and for an immediate start.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

The Associate will be involved in supporting H.I.G.’s ongoing fundraising efforts and client relations functions including:

• Develop marketing and due diligence materials such as private placement memorandums (PPM), pitch books, due diligence questionnaires (DDQs) and request for proposals (RFPs) for investment vehicles.
  • Analyze and articulate investments in portfolio companies and financial information to investors in a cohesive and thoughtful manner.
  • Conduct market & competitor research for product development and benchmarking purposes.
  • Prepare and attend investor meetings for investment fund updates or due diligence on new strategies.
  • Work in tandem with senior Capital Formation professionals to develop and implement marketing plans with respect to new fund strategies.
  • Work closely with senior Capital Formation professionals to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with current and prospective investors.
  • Work closely with cross-functional teams across investment teams, legal, compliance, finance and investor services, among other internal stakeholders.
  • Assist with special projects, take on ad-hoc projects and support other teammates, as needed.

QUALIFICATIONS

• 2+ years of experience in finance sectors including investment banking, asset management or sales and trading
  • Demonstrated knowledge of capital markets, financial performance metrics and financial statements.
  • Strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
  • Outstanding attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
  • Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and to work under tight deadlines.
  • Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills to build collaborative relationships.
  • Exceptional initiative and thrives in fast-paced environment.
  • Hardworking, articulate, mature, well-organized individual that can work independently.
  • Strong working command of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word; Familiarity with Bloomberg preferred.
  • Excellent academic record of achievement with a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate or related field.

ABOUT H.I.G. CAPITAL

H.I.G. Capital is a leading global alternative investment firm with $59 billion of equity capital under management*, with a focus on the mid cap segment of the market. The H.I.G. family of funds includes private equity, growth equity, real estate, direct lending, infrastructure, special situations debt, and biohealth. H.I.G. partners with committed management teams and entrepreneurs and helps build businesses of significant value. The team of over 500 investment professionals has substantial operating, consulting, technology, and financial management experience, enabling H.I.G. to drive value creation in their portfolio companies. Since 1993, H.I.G. has invested in more than 400 companies with combined revenues in excess of $52 billion. H.I.G. invests in companies throughout the U.S., Europe and Latin America and has offices in Miami, New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Atlanta, and affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan and Paris in Europe, as well as Bogotá, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo in Latin America. More information on H.I.G., including key members of the team, can be found on the firm’s website.

*Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review
+ Add another education

Our system has flagged this application as potentially being associated with bot traffic. Please turn off any VPNs, clear your browser cache and cookies, or try submitting your application in a different browser. If this issue persists, please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.