Help us prevent the coming labor shortage disaster of essential workers in Europe so that –
everyone can get medical care by nurses 🚑, everyone’s trains arrive punctually 🚋, everyone's parents can get human elderly care 👵.
In 2021, we powered 1% of Germany's hires through HeyJobs.
Over 3'000 employers win their talent through our machine learning algorithms.
We positively impacted the lives of 100’000 essential workers by finding better jobs on our career platform. Learn more here.
With over €50M funding and a team of 300+, we are expanding to revolutionize the European job market (from Berlin, Cologne and Vienna).
Join the HeyVolution. 💛
An impactful role in a high growth company: As a DWH Engineer in the BI team, you will have the technical ownership of our Data Warehouse and will need to take architecture decisions and find engineering solutions for scalability, reliability, and availability. Check out our stack here.
🎯 How you can contribute to HeyJobs
- You will design end-to-end ETL pipelines, implement data modeling solutions, and build a data infrastructure that enables our BI Analysts and Business Stakeholders to make meaningful data-driven decisions, and Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers to create and train models that are part of the Budget Distribution algorithm, one of the HeyJobs key products.
- Ensuring data consistency, quality, and availability will be one of your main goals.
- Based on your strong business sense, you will align the data architecture with our business needs and goals towards helping the business make better-informed decisions every day.
- You will be responsible for the technical specification of our projects and the implementation of projects to improve and maintain our infrastructure.
- As a part of your day-to-day job, you will leverage modern technologies and tools (Redshift, Snowplow, Airflow, Tableau, Salesforce, etc.)
- You are also part of the Data Engineering Guild which is an internal group of professionals from various data teams that regularly meet to share knowledge and learn together.
Technologies you’ll use:
- SQL, Python, Pandas
- Great Expectations for data quality
- Airflow, Docker, CircleCI, Datadog, Grafana
- AWS Redshift, RDS, S3, Glue, Athena
- AWS-based Data Lake
🤝 What sets you up for success
- Strong willingness to understand and drive the business meaning and impact of data.
- Completed studies – preferably with a focus on statistics, mathematics, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Work experience in Engineering/Development in a Business Intelligence capacity or similar.
- You have at least 2 years of SQL experience in a production environment.
- You are comfortable managing large amounts of data in an efficient and scalable way.
- You are familiar with best practices for data modeling and architecture.
- You have a passion for clean code (SOLID principles) and you are experienced with writing unit tests.
- Exposure to Redshift or other comparable DWH technologies is required, as well as with ETL systems.
- Experience with Python for ETL.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for details.
- Ability to work in a fast and practically oriented environment.
- Clear and structured communication of ideas.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of Docker/ECS
- Knowledge of Linux platforms and scripting capabilities (bash)
- Knowledge of Airflow or another orchestration tool
❤️🔥 What you will love about us
- People & Values: We treat people in the way people should be treated, we bring out the best in everyone, we put our people first. Learn more here.
- Growing individually and as a team: 7 step career framework, bi-yearly performance reviews, 3 days of yearly educational leave & 500€ budget*, HeyJobs Leadership Training Programs, in-house German classes
- Work-Life Balance: 28 holidays*, plus 1 additional day p.a., minimum 3 weeks work from anywhere per year and a 1-month paid sabbatical* every 3 years, flexible work hours
- Societal Impact Employee Groups: Follow your passion with HeySustainability, HeyVoices, HeySisterhood, HeyPeace or found your own circle
- Wellbeing: 6 free Mental Health sessions per year via Nilo.Health to enable every HeyJobber to connect with the right mental health solution for any mental health challenges they are facing, free seasonal flu (and COVID) vaccination
- Benefits: €50 monthly allowance* with Ben Card to spend on something you actually need and want. HeyJobs discounts for sustainable products and services via FutureBens & more
- Events & Feel Good initiatives: Fresh fruit, great drinks, monthly team lunch, 3 company-wide events per year, quarterly team events & plenty of feel good initiatives
- Relocation Package: We will support your relocation financially and with practical organization to make you feel at home soon
- Great offices with high quality equipment: MacBook / ThinkPad, Sennheiser Headset, screen for home office + additional hardware; HQ Berlin (Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke-Ufer); HeyHub Cologne (Design Offices Gereon), HeyHub Vienna (centrally located in 1020 Vienna) all with standing desks, hybrid set-up meeting rooms & AC - good public transport connections & great lunch options
At HeyJobs diversity and inclusion is key to creating a culture attracting the best talent and ultimately leading to achieving our vision. Together, we are 30 different nations, 45% women and 50% female leaders.
Fostering diversity and inclusion starts with hiring – therefore, we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, national origin, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you. We advocate diversity in all its forms as it plays a key role in one of our core values, #teamwork.
We are explicitly not hiring anyone who does not respect this and encourage individuals from LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented groups to apply.
*offers may differ for working students, interns and our international hubs