Help us prevent the coming labor shortage disaster of essential workers in Europe so that –
everyone can get medical care by nurses 🚑, everyone’s trains arrive punctually 🚋, everyone's parents can get human elderly care 👵.
In 2021, we powered 1% of Germany's hires through HeyJobs.
Over 3'000 employers win their talent through our machine learning algorithms.
We positively impacted the lives of 100’000 essential workers by finding better jobs on our career platform. Learn more here.
With over €50M funding and a team of 300+, we are expanding to revolutionize the European job market (from Berlin, Cologne and Vienna).
Join the HeyVolution. 💛
An impactful role: As an Engineering Manager (f/m/d) in the Marketing Engineering Team, you will have a direct impact on Heyjobs’ marketing performance.
- In this role, you will be leading engineers, as well as designing our architecture, building, optimising and maintaining services and tools which we use to generate job ads, analyse and control marketing performance and integrate with marketing partners.
- As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to improve our culture and processes, work with different programming languages like Ruby, Python, JS (React), and a modern tech stack based on AWS.
- In addition, our cross-functional team enables marketing managers and engineers to work closely together, to bring the talent acquisition marketing that Heyjobs does for clients to the next level.
🎯 How you can contribute to HeyJobs
- You will lead 3 to 5 engineers
- You will design, build, improve and maintain (together with technical Product Owners and a team) architecture and tools/services which:
- generate job ads
- help to analyse marketing performance
- provide integrations with our marketing partners
- help marketing managers and customer success team internally
- You have a great impact on team’s culture and processes
- You have a great impact on marketing performance
- You have direct access to marketing insights
- You have a quick and efficient feedback loop with stakeholders (marketing managers)
- You face and solve automation and scalability challenges
- 1+ year of engineering management experience
- 4+ years of Ruby/Python experience
- Willingness to work with both Ruby (~60%) and Python (~40%)
- You are a software development generalist
- Keen interest in software design and architecture
- An interest in the fast paced field of automation of digital marketing channels
- Experience in and drive for testing and test-driven design
- Experience in using Docker or other containerization technologies
- Willingness to write and maintain well structured documentation
- Hands on experience in building APIs and integrating with 3rd parties
- Pragmatic, can-do attitude (you like to dive deep and get things done)
- Willingness to learn new technical concepts and apply them
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
- Willingness to improve team culture and processes
- Good English communication skills (written and verbal, German not required)
- Experience in building pipelines using Python and Airflow
- Experience in working with AWS (ECS, Lambda, Redshift, Glue)
- Experience in data analysis (SQL, Redshift, Glue)
- Experience in React
❤️🔥 What you will love about us
- People & Values: We treat people in the way people should be treated, we bring out the best in everyone, we put our people first. Learn more here.
- Growing individually and as a team: 7 step career framework, bi-yearly performance reviews, 3 days of yearly educational leave & 500€ budget*, HeyJobs Leadership Training Programs, in-house German classes
- Work-Life Balance: 28 holidays*, plus 1 additional day p.a., minimum 3 weeks work from anywhere per year and a 1-month paid sabbatical* every 3 years, flexible work hours
- Societal Impact Employee Groups: Follow your passion with HeySustainability, HeyVoices, HeySisterhood, HeyPeace or found your own circle
- Wellbeing: 6 free Mental Health sessions per year via Nilo.Health to enable every HeyJobber to connect with the right mental health solution for any mental health challenges they are facing, free seasonal flu (and COVID) vaccination
- Benefits: €50 monthly allowance* with Ben Card to spend on something you actually need and want. HeyJobs discounts for sustainable products and services via FutureBens & more
- Events & Feel Good initiatives: Fresh fruit, great drinks, monthly team lunch, 3 company-wide events per year, quarterly team events & plenty of feel good initiatives
- Relocation Package: We will support your relocation financially and with practical organization to make you feel at home soon
- Great offices with high quality equipment: MacBook / ThinkPad, Sennheiser Headset, screen for home office + additional hardware; HQ Berlin (Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke-Ufer); HeyHub Cologne (Design Offices Gereon), HeyHub Vienna (centrally located in 1020 Vienna) all with standing desks, hybrid set-up meeting rooms & AC - good public transport connections & great lunch options
At HeyJobs diversity and inclusion is key to creating a culture attracting the best talent and ultimately leading to achieving our vision. Together, we are 30 different nations, 45% women and 50% female leaders.
Fostering diversity and inclusion starts with hiring – therefore, we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, national origin, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you. We advocate diversity in all its forms as it plays a key role in one of our core values, #teamwork.
We are explicitly not hiring anyone who does not respect this and encourage individuals from LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented groups to apply.
*offers may differ for working students, interns and our international hubs