Help us prevent the coming labor shortage disaster of essential workers in Europe so that –
everyone can get medical care by nurses 🚑, everyone’s trains arrive punctually 🚋, everyone's parents can get human elderly care 👵.
In 2021, we powered 1% of Germany's hires through HeyJobs.
Over 3'000 employers win their talent through our machine learning algorithms.
We positively impacted the lives of 100’000 essential workers by finding better jobs on our career platform. Learn more here.
With over €50M funding and a team of 300+, we are expanding to revolutionize the European job market (from Berlin, Cologne and Vienna).
Join the HeyVolution. 💛
- Your team will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our Data Warehouse infrastructure and data pipeline orchestration with scalability and quality in mind.
- Through your role, you will have a major impact by empowering the whole company, from strategy to operations, in making always data-driven decisions.
🎯 How you can contribute to HeyJobs
- Enable the company's growth by leading the development and scaling of our Data Warehouse and BI infrastructure, and guiding the delivery of high-quality Data Products.
- Plan and deliver on quarterly objectives and initiatives together with your team and in close collaboration with your product manager, analysts, and other stakeholders.
- Lead diverse initiatives in the team while delegating and coaching for growth.
- Lead the team through scaling, resolving technical challenges, leading the data architecture, and maintaining data quality.
- Leverage Data Catalog and Lineage tools to further enable the team and streamline the process.
- Help balance feature delivery with technical debt management and technical improvements.
- Lead the professional growth of the individuals in the existing team as well as hire new engineers as needed.
- Collaborate with your fellow engineering manager colleagues with regards to architecture evolution and general practice improvements for R&D.
- Contribute hands-on yourself.
- Enjoy constantly learning and growing with us.
- Together with all your colleagues, help jobseekers find the right job to live a fulfilling life with the HeyJobs platform faster and easier
🤝 What sets you up for success
- Technical Leadership experience combined with hands-on experience.
- Experience in managing and mentoring engineers.
- A strong interest to understand and drive the business meaning and impact of data.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Data Modelling.
- Hands-on Python experience.
- Experience with Data Warehousing and Architecture.
- Great English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Pragmatic, can-do attitude (you like to dive deep and get things done).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for details.
- Eager to learn and grow professionally.
- Experience with AWS cloud storage and tools.
- Experience with pipeline orchestration tools like Airflow.
- Experience with Data Quality frameworks like Great Expectations.
- Prior experience working in a startup environment.
❤️🔥 What you will love about us
- People & Values: We treat people in the way people should be treated, we bring out the best in everyone, we put our people first. Learn more here.
- Growing individually and as a team: 7 step career framework, bi-yearly performance reviews, 3 days of yearly educational leave & 500€ budget*, HeyJobs Leadership Training Programs, in-house German classes
- Work-Life Balance: 28 holidays*, plus 1 additional day p.a., minimum 3 weeks work from anywhere per year and a 1-month paid sabbatical* every 3 years, flexible work hours
- Societal Impact Employee Groups: Follow your passion with HeySustainability, HeyVoices, HeySisterhood, HeyPeace or found your own circle
- Wellbeing: 6 free Mental Health sessions per year via Nilo.Health to enable every HeyJobber to connect with the right mental health solution for any mental health challenges they are facing, free seasonal flu (and COVID) vaccination
- Benefits: €50 monthly allowance* with Ben Card to spend on something you actually need and want. HeyJobs discounts for sustainable products and services via FutureBens & more
- Events & Feel Good initiatives: Fresh fruit, great drinks, monthly team lunch, 3 company-wide events per year, quarterly team events & plenty of feel good initiatives
- Relocation Package: We will support your relocation financially and with practical organization to make you feel at home soon
- Great offices with high quality equipment: MacBook / ThinkPad, Sennheiser Headset, screen for home office + additional hardware; HQ Berlin (Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke-Ufer); HeyHub Cologne (Design Offices Gereon), HeyHub Vienna (centrally located in 1020 Vienna) all with standing desks, hybrid set-up meeting rooms & AC - good public transport connections & great lunch options
At HeyJobs diversity and inclusion is key to creating a culture attracting the best talent and ultimately leading to achieving our vision. Together, we are 30 different nations, 45% women and 50% female leaders.
Fostering diversity and inclusion starts with hiring – therefore, we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, national origin, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you. We advocate diversity in all its forms as it plays a key role in one of our core values, #teamwork.
We are explicitly not hiring anyone who does not respect this and encourage individuals from LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented groups to apply.
*offers may differ for working students, interns and our international hubs