Help us prevent the coming labor shortage disaster of essential workers in Europe so that –
everyone can get medical care by nurses 🚑, everyone’s trains arrive punctually 🚋, everyone's parents can get human elderly care 👵.
In 2021, we powered 1% of Germany's hires through HeyJobs.
Over 3'000 employers win their talent through our machine learning algorithms.
We positively impacted the lives of 100’000 essential workers by finding better jobs on our career platform. Learn more here.
With over €50M funding and a team of 300+, we are expanding to revolutionize the European job market (from Berlin, Cologne and Vienna).
Join the HeyVolution. 💛
- You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining significant parts of our user flows and helping us become the go-to career advisor for skilled workers.
- Your work will involve discussing, helping to design and implement various parts of our frontend product, including, but not limited to: user flows, layouts, controls, and interactions.
- In your role, you will ensure that our site scales to millions of users and can cope with bots, crawlers and search engines.
- We rely on a/b testing for any significant changes that we introduce, and you will be expected to own the a/b tests and the setup behind them.
- Check out our stack here.
🎯 How you can contribute to HeyJobs
- Work with the Product Owner to design and build various components and flows that help and enable users to find the right job.
- Participate in and lead designing APIs and interactions between backend and frontend in order to persist data and fulfil business needs.
- Face and solve application scalability challenges.
- Manage and mentor junior colleagues in the team
🤝 What sets you up for success
- 4+ years working with frontend web development (any framework)
- 1+ year working with React
- Experience in any web backend, any language
- Willingness to get into node.js backend work
- Experience in and drive for testing and test driven design
- Experience with automated UI-testing
- Experience in using Docker or other containerization technologies
- Excellent spoken and written English communication (German not required)
- The skills that make you an excellent team player
- Experience in mentoring junior colleagues
- You have Ruby/Rails experience
- You are passionate about automation
- You are a software engineering generalist
- You’re good at implementing monitoring solutions and profiling your applications
- You have experience in systems architecture
- Experience in using AWS
- Prior experience in scaling a web application to millions of users
❤️🔥 What you will love about us
- People & Values: We treat people in the way people should be treated, we bring out the best in everyone, we put our people first. Learn more here.
- Growing individually and as a team: 7 step career framework, bi-yearly performance reviews, 3 days of yearly educational leave & 500€ budget*, HeyJobs Leadership Training Programs, in-house German classes
- Work-Life Balance: 28 holidays*, plus 1 additional day p.a., minimum 3 weeks work from anywhere per year and a 1-month paid sabbatical* every 3 years, flexible work hours
- Societal Impact Employee Groups: Follow your passion with HeySustainability, HeyVoices, HeySisterhood, HeyPeace or found your own circle
- Wellbeing: 6 free Mental Health sessions per year via Nilo.Health to enable every HeyJobber to connect with the right mental health solution for any mental health challenges they are facing, free seasonal flu (and COVID) vaccination
- Benefits: €50 monthly allowance* with Ben Card to spend on something you actually need and want. HeyJobs discounts for sustainable products and services via FutureBens & more
- Events & Feel Good initiatives: Fresh fruit, great drinks, monthly team lunch, 3 company-wide events per year, quarterly team events & plenty of feel good initiatives
- Relocation Package: We will support your relocation financially and with practical organization to make you feel at home soon
- Great offices with high quality equipment: MacBook / ThinkPad, Sennheiser Headset, screen for home office + additional hardware; HQ Berlin (Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke-Ufer); HeyHub Cologne (Design Offices Gereon), HeyHub Vienna (centrally located in 1020 Vienna) all with standing desks, hybrid set-up meeting rooms & AC - good public transport connections & great lunch options
At HeyJobs diversity and inclusion is key to creating a culture attracting the best talent and ultimately leading to achieving our vision. Together, we are 30 different nations, 45% women and 50% female leaders.
Fostering diversity and inclusion starts with hiring – therefore, we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, national origin, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you. We advocate diversity in all its forms as it plays a key role in one of our core values, #teamwork.
We are explicitly not hiring anyone who does not respect this and encourage individuals from LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented groups to apply.
*offers may differ for working students, interns and our international hubs