Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1700 customers and a team of 170+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
🌱 Your role
You bring technical and scientific impact to our Budget and Recommendations (BAR) team.
Direct business impact: Our budget and recommendations products are key components of the core value creation process at HeyJobs; a strong delivery by the BAR team is critical for our success.
End to end responsibility: You will be in charge of designing, prototyping, deploying and maintaining data science / machine learning solutions for our marketing optimization processes but also further areas of the growing business.
The role reflects a wide scope. It encompasses the entirety of the DS/ML life cycle: from data gathering and exploratory analysis, to training and evaluating models, to deployment and monitoring.
In your role, you will report directly to the teamlead DS/ML.
🤩 You have
- A degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related field
- 3+ years experience in developing, deploying and maintaining Machine Learning applications
- A good understanding of the concepts and statistics behind Machine Learning algorithms
- Solid Python software engineering skills, including best practices like CI/CD and Git
- Proven experience in contributing to data science teams in industry: you have successfully solved business problems through data-driven solutions - from conception to production (solving machine learning cases for Kaggle or academia is not enough)
- Experience conducting exploratory data analysis, descriptive or prescriptive analytics
- Exposure to cloud technologies for modern on-demand data science (we use AWS)
- Strong communication skills: you are good at explaining your choices, enjoy collaborating, and present ideas in a clear and structured manner
- A hands-on mindset, willingness to propose new ideas and take ownership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail
- The ability to work self-organized in an agile environment
- Fluency in English
- Experience in algorithmic marketing; optimization and allocation problems; linear / nonlinear programming
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker and Airflow
🎯 You will
- Contribute to the research and development of machine-learning-powered solutions in the scope of marketing mix optimization, recommendation engines and data enrichment
- Collaborate with other data scientists and data engineers on the full conception to production lifecycle
- Work on problems to maximize the revenue of our clients given a marketing budget leveraging:
- Machine learning to solve multivariate time series regression problems
- Non-linear and linear optimization problems
- Utility maximisation theory & marketing mix models
- Enjoy constantly learning and growing with us
✌️ Why Heyjobs?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more here.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’700 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, several weeks/year full remote work, 3 home/remote days/week
- Perks & Benefits: Mila Health, weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Air-conditioned office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
- Relocation Package: we will support your relocation financially and with practical organisation to make you feel at home soon
Want to know more about us?
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin's best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin, Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.