We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 2500 customers and a team of 200+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
🌱 Your role
As a backend engineer in the Marketing Engineering Team, you will have a direct impact on Heyjobs’ marketing performance. In this role, you will be designing, building, optimizing and maintaining services and tools which we use to generate job ads, analyze and control marketing performance and integrate with marketing partners.
As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with different programming languages like Ruby, Python, JS (React), and a modern tech stack based on AWS.
In addition, our cross-functional team enables marketing managers and engineers to work closely together, to bring the talent acquisition marketing that Heyjobs does for clients to the next level.
🤩 You have
- 2+ years of Ruby (Rails) OR Python experience
- Willingness to work with both Ruby (~60%) and Python (~40%)
- You are a software development generalist
- Keen interest in software design and architecture
- An interest in the fast paced field of automation of digital marketing channels
- Experience in and drive for testing and test-driven design
- Experience in using Docker or other containerization technologies
- Willingness to write and maintain well structured documentation
- Hands on experience in building APIs and integrating with 3rd parties
- Pragmatic, can-do attitude (you like to dive deep and get things done)
- Willingness to learn new technical concepts and apply them
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
- Good English communication skills (written and verbal, German not required)
- Experience with Ruby or Python as a second language
- Experience in building pipelines using Python and Airflow
- Experience in working with AWS (ECS, Lambda, Redshift, Glue)
- Experience in data analysis (SQL, Redshift, Glue)
- Experience in React
🎯 You will
- Design, build, improve and maintain (together with a Technical Product Owner and a team) tools/services which:
- generate job ads
- help to analyze marketing performance
- provide integrations with our marketing partners
- help marketing managers and customer success team internally
- Have a great impact on marketing performance
- Have direct access to marketing insights
- Have a quick and efficient feedback loop with stakeholders (marketing managers)
- Face and solve automation and scalability challenges
✌️ Why HeyJobs?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more here.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 2’500 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, several weeks/year full remote work, 3 home/remote days/week
- Perks & Benefits: Mila Health, weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Air-conditioned office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
- Relocation Package: we will support your relocation financially and with practical organisation to make you feel at home soon
- Language Classes: in-house and company sponsored german classes - if you feel like it
Want to know more about us?