Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1700 customers and a team of 170+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
🌱 Your role
Our R&D infrastructure team is responsible for providing core AWS infrastructure services, monitoring, security and further tooling to our currently 6 teams owning different parts of our platform.
As a key member of the infrastructure team your role will be to scale our cloud infrastructure through our growth journey as we expand our business further and grow our R&D organisation in size.
You provide great support to our teams to enable them to ship fast, run rock-solid and secure production systems and help them anticipate and manage infrastructure challenges.
You act both as a leader in establishing processes and tooling to guide team efforts, but are also ready to roll up your sleeves and dive deep to help teams solve issues during incidents if needed.
You take joy in sharing infrastructure best practices with engineers and will also be happy to help us grow the infrastructure team further in the future.
🤩 You have
- 3+ years experience with AWS-based infrastructure - being familiar with AWS-specific solutions models, networking, and best practices.
- 3+ years working with Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation, etc)
- Experience with Docker running on ECS, troubleshooting, and capacity planning
- Hands on experience in auto scaling and networking setups
- Experience in effective monitoring, alerting and incident management setups
- Strong communication skills: you are good at explaining your choices, enjoy collaborating, and present ideas in a clear and structured manner
- A hands-on mindset, willingness to propose new ideas and take ownership
- Willingness to learn, share knowledge and educate others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail
- The ability to work self-organized in an agile environment
- Fluency in English (German not required)
- Experience supporting engineering teams
- Experience with Security Practices in the scope of AWS-based solutions and strong desire to further grow your practice in there
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Experience in Serverless architectures
- Experience in managing DBs (PostgresSQL)
🎯 You will
- Envision, architect, build and run our AWS infrastructure
- Drive AWS infrastructure innovation to enable fast and sustainable solutions for the engineering teams
- You are part of our R&D department, working closely with our developer, data science, and machine learning teams - to ensure the infrastructure has the power and scale for us to continue pushing the boundaries with our algorithms
- Foster a great DevOps culture, improving tools and automating processes to facilitate everyone's daily work
- Help implement effective monitoring and alerting (Datadog, Cloudwatch, Sentry)
- Build and maintain Infrastructure as Code, on AWS using DevOps tooling (Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible)
- Work with the developers to ensure our CircleCI deployments are lightning-fast and reliable (ECS, Spot.io, CircleCI, Serverless)
- Make sure HeyJobs systems are protected from attacks and security is embedded in all relevant processes
- Coach and teach software engineers about AWS architecture, new services, best-practices, etc.
✌️ Why Heyjobs?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more here.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’700 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, several weeks/year full remote work, 3 home/remote days/week
- Perks & Benefits: Mila Health, weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Air-conditioned office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
- Relocation Package: we will support your relocation financially and with practical organisation to make you feel at home soon
Want to know more about us?