Heygo started as a way for co-founders John and Liam to keep exploring new places. As avid travellers themselves, they wanted to help people stay connected with the world and for those in the travel industry to continue doing what they love.
So that’s why they created Heygo - an experience specific live-streaming platform. One that would allow local guides to share the places they know best with the hope that it can bring people around the world closer together.
Our mission is simple: bring the world closer together.
At Heygo, our mission is to break down the barriers to discovery and bring the world closer together.
How do we do this, you ask? Our platform allows guides to provide captivating, transportive experiences by broadcasting themselves live from their phone as they explore a place. It could be St Mark’s Square, Yellowstone National Park, the streets of Barcelona or in a small airplane circling an active volcano (yes...that happened!)
Sign up for one of our experiences here
Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our users? If so, we’d like to meet you.
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
We’re looking for exceptional mobile engineers who can help us take Heygo to the next level, and design a best-in-class experience for our users. Heygo has historically been a web-first platform, but as we grow we are building out our mobile capability to allow users to have native experiences on their devices. This means you will be one of the first mobile engineers to join the team!
- Work in a cross-functional squad with a designer, product manager and other mobile engineers.
- Write React Native code and build mobile apps for iOS and Android to solve user problems and needs
- Help raise the bar for engineering at Heygo. Every engineer has a crucial role to play in improving our craft, whether it’s code review, constructive feedback or leading initiatives to further your teammates’ knowledge.
- Work in a face-paced environment where you’ll ship code and iterate frequently.
- 👩🏻💻Keen learner
- 💛 Collaborative
- ⚙️Technically experienced
You should apply if:
- Have 2+ years experience building mobile apps using React Native.
- Have 5+ years experience with either iOS or Android development.
- You’ve shipped and iterated on at least one app that was deployed to the Play Store and the App Store.
- You enjoy working on early-stage projects and turning ideas into reality.
- You love transforming beautiful designs into carefully crafted mobile experiences.
- You have an understanding of the principles of computer science.
- A fully remote role with flexible working hours
- A high achieving, experienced and fun team
- A chance to be a part of a rapidly growing startup
- An international and diverse working atmosphere
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous holidays