Heygo started as a way for co-founders John and Liam to keep exploring new places. As avid travellers themselves, they wanted to help people stay connected with the world and for those in the travel industry to continue doing what they love.
So that’s why they created Heygo - an experience specific live-streaming platform. One that would allow local guides to share the places they know best with the hope that it can bring people around the world closer together.
Our mission is simple: bring the world closer together.
At Heygo, our mission is to break down the barriers to discovery and bring the world closer together.
How do we do this, you ask? Our platform allows guides to provide captivating, transportive experiences by broadcasting themselves live from their phone as they explore a place. It could be St Mark’s Square, Yellowstone National Park, the streets of Barcelona or in a small airplane circling an active volcano (yes...that happened!)
Sign up for one of our experiences here
Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our users? If so, we’d like to meet you.
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
We’re looking for exceptional Engineering Managers who can help us take Heygo to the next level, and design a best-in-class experience for our users.
As an Engineering Manager at Heygo, your responsibilities will lie in two areas: people and tech. On the people side, you will focus on helping engineers with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes. On the tech side, you will ensure the work your team ships is done in a timely fashion, with an attention to detail and follows best practices.
- Spend time supporting, coaching and developing high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with others
- Work closely with people across the design, product and data functions to deliver on product roadmaps rapidly and with a high level of quality.
- Work with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices.
- Work alongside senior engineers to make technical design decisions that push the infrastructure and platform forward.
- Spend time hiring, growing and retaining top talent. In particular, taking ownership for interviewing and growing our engineering teams.
You should apply if:
- You have experience managing or mentoring the performance and development of high-performing software engineers in a fast-paced startup environment (2+ years).
- You’ve previously worked as a senior software engineer before in a fast-paced startup environment (5+ years).
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills, and can create clarity for your team.
- You know what good looks like for a high-performing team of engineers and know how to get there.
- You care deeply about helping engineers to achieve their goals, avoid burnout, and become the best they can be.
- You have familiarity with our core tech stack (TypeScript, React.js, Node.js, Express, PostgreSQL, Docker)
- 💛 Empathetic and people-centric
- 👩🏻💻Keen learner
- 👩🏾💻 Clear communicator
- 👩🏻💻Entrepreneurially minded
Our tech stack
- A fully remote role with flexible working hours
- A high achieving, experienced and fun team
- A chance to be a part of a rapidly growing startup
- An international and diverse working atmosphere
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous holidays