At Heyday, we are expert skincare everyday that empowers everyone to be their best self. Before Heyday opened in 2015, we were curious why it was so challenging for consumers to look after their skin. Facials, for many, simply were not-for-me or a once-in-while indulgence tucked away in luxury spas or dermatologist offices. Many consumers still don’t know what an esthetician can do for them. That conversation is changing and we are here to lead it. As part of our next chapter, we will replicate our standout physical experience to an online experience, creating a new way of engagement in skincare that doesn’t exist, but should. Skincare is the number one daily routine behind food, and there’s no trusted brand in the category. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing and energetic team that will work together to deliver creative solutions to a $100bn online category. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion, drive continuous results, foster a growth mindset, and collaborate effectively.
Today, Heyday is an omnichannel skincare business with 10 shops in New York, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia, and a fast-growing digital presence aiming to innovate in skincare the same way we did with the skincare experience offline. We’ve been named “Best Facial” by New York Magazine, performed 300,000 treatments, created the largest team of talented estheticians, and collected valuable skincare data the entire way.
We are headquartered in Soho, New York (though currently remote). Oh, and the word Heyday… it means the period of your life when you’re at your prime. We believe every day should be your Heyday – we happen to start with skin.
About the Role
Heyday is searching for a highly creative and motivated Design Director to join our Marketing Team, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing. The Design Director will oversee concepting and execution of creative assets across all customer touchpoints, physical and digital. The ideal candidate can interpret business briefs and turn them into compelling, innovative creative solutions. The Design Director is a skilled manager of creative teams, including but not limited to: designers, copywriters, photographers, and vendors. This individual must be an effective communicator, with the ability to relay creative concepts to design teams and company stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and enforce the Heyday brand (typography, photography, color palettes) across all touch points, updating and refining as we continue to grow into new markets, partnerships, etc.
- Thoughtfully and strategically use Heyday’s visual identity, brand voice, and messaging to create consistent design experiences that resonate with customers and prospects and stand out in the competitive landscape
- Collaborate across the Growth, Retention, Content, Site, and Shop Marketing teams to oversee brand look and feel throughout all channels
- Work closely within the Marketing team — designers, copywriters, and channel leads — and with external vendors — photographers and vendors — to manage multiple focuses, providing direction and inspiration
- Partner with Director of Content Marketing to develop and execute on 360, integrated brand campaigns
- Partner with Site and Product teams to ensure brand is consistent across full customer journey
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- Provide clear and objective critiques of creative work
- Teach creative philosophy, values, and beliefs
- Stay on top of digital design trends within the skincare industry and beyond
The Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years professional design experience, with print, digital, environmental, and brand development background, preferably in skincare, beauty, fashion or a similar innovative, high-energy field
- 3+ years in people management, with proven ability to build, mentor, and motivate teams
- Strategic and thoughtful in approach to design and branding, with an appreciation and passion for modern design and strong sense of visual style
- Exceptional creative talent in brand identity across all mediums
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A detailed-oriented problem solver
- Great communication and storytelling skills, both verbal and written
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Inclusive, empathetic, discerning, curious, and devoted to the customer
- Strong working knowledge of current design programs
Location & Logistics
- This is a full-time role
- The company is currently working remote — location is flexible
- The team operates on EST
At Heyday, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off (every employee needs time to rest, recharge, and pivot the mind)
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision & FSA Benefits (for you and available for dependents)
- Discounted Facials & Skincare Products (staff facials at $5, products at 35% off, and discounts for family & friends)
- Paid Parental Leave (for any parents, with a flexible return-to-work program)
Heyday is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.