* UK Based role (Holborn , London) working with our German & UK market *
We are heycar.
Since August 2019, we’ve been raising the bar for customers looking for their next set of wheels, and car dealers looking to sell them.
With Global investment from Volkswagen, Allianz and Renault, we bring the best and most trusted dealerships across the UK closer to their customers. How? By making the right connections. We provide customers with the confidence they need to buy quality cars online in a completely remote experience.
We’re building a culture that allows team members to feel challenged and empowered to make some serious changes. We may have different backgrounds, industries and skills, but we’re all driving towards the same goal.
If you want to come along for the ride then read on…
About the role
You’ll be joining the newly formed Finance Operations team responsible for daily running of the UK, Germany and Shared Service Centre finances. This team works alongside the Reporting & Accounting team. You’ll be responsible for the German market with a strong focus on aligning processes, collaborating with internal teams and the external accountants. The German heycar market has been in operation since 2017 and has recently undergone major restructure. We are now looking to combine the three market finance teams into one efficient and proactive Finance Operations team predominantly based in London. If you have previous finance experience, working towards your qualification and are looking for flexibility, with opportunity for professional growth, then this is for you!
What you’ll do:
- Reporting to our Finance Operations Lead, you’ll form part of a cross market team of Controllers focusing on a specific heycar market.
- Analyse and understand processes and focus on areas of improvements in existing Finance Operations.
- Maintain an orderly accounting system in line with German accounting standards, supported by the Accounting team and German external accountants.
- Manage month end processes and ensure timely close and submission of accurate monthly reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash balances and support company wide quarterly forecasts.
- Monitor company performance versus budget/forecast and raise any variances.
- Support other heycar markets where needed and share knowledge to improve performance across the whole Finance Operations team.
- Conduct monthly and periodic reconciliations of all accounts to make sure they’re accurate.
- Support with the year end audit.
- Provide support to management where needed and assist other markets in creating one international Finance team.
What you’ll need:
- You are a part-qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) and working towards finishing your qualification.
- You are proficient in German and able to communicate with German stakeholders (English is still the main day-to-day heycar language).
- You’ll have a working knowledge of accounting principles ( German Desirable ) and IFRS.
- You’re experienced with accounting softwares (e.g Datev, Xero), Google Suite (we are a Google company), Excel and are comfortable with learning different systems and softwares.
- You’re a clear communicator and problem solver, who can work well both alone and as part of a team.
- You are comfortable with change, proactive and ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- You’ll take ownership of your work and are always looking for ways to improve and help in creating a robust new Finance Operations team.
- You’ll have exceptional organisational skills and strong attention to detail, and be able to prioritise your workload and work towards tight deadlines.
What we’ll give you:
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + performance based bonus
- Holidays: We want you to relax, you’ll have 28 days off (plus bank holidays) throughout the year. We also give you an extra day off to enjoy your birthday!
- Hybrid Working: We have a flexible working culture here at heycar. With hybrid working in our offices in Holborn (London) and working from home days.
- Benefits + Perks: With private medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and mental health support we’ll give you the extra boost.
- Feedback: You'll be joining more than just another startup - our team is at the heart of everything we do; here we don’t leave things unsaid, we encourage honest feedback.
- A Challenge: Fast paced but not fraught. We’re scaling fast, so we need you to keep up, push back and question where you see fit
- Fun: We provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, table tennis, roof terrace, and epic socials, we’ve got you covered but we do advise table tennis lessons before joining!
If you’re ready to work with a creative, high-performing group of people we want to hear from you.
Please contact : email@example.com for more details.