We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the center of Berlin that strives to break up the car buying market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motivated digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
In the heycar group we take care of our market organizations in the UK, Spain and Germany and work on the roll out of heycar into new markets. We are backed by some of the biggest player in the automotive industry. We are looking for entrepreneurial self-starters who want to change the way people buy and use mobility services.
Who we are looking for.
- You are a senior Data Engineer with minimum 3+ years of experience managing a myriad of different database/warehouses including Redshift, Snowflake, Postgres (AWS RDS / Aurora) and Athena
- You are an expert in writing SQL queries, including the use of window functions and UDFs
- You are experienced in performing ETL on batch or streaming data
- You maintain data pipelines using workflow tools such as dbt, Matillion and Airflow
- You are proficient in scripting and OO languages such as python, bash, Java/Kotlin and Golang
- You have a good knowledge of AWS ecosystem, deployments in Kubernetes, CI/CD practises
- You speak English on a business fluent level
What you will do.
- You are part of the Data Platform team that are responsible for providing critical information to the company in order to make data-driven decisions
- You will build the next state of the art tool to enable end to end process for data producers to serve data to the stakeholders (consumers)
- You extract, transform and load large datasets (>16B rows) into data lakes and warehouses
- You develop and maintain complex data pipelines, ensuring maximum uptime and reliability (four 9s)
- You develop mission control and monitoring tools to measure service performance and reliability
- You apply scalable solutions to the challenges of working for a high data-driven ecommerce company
- You are proficient in data modelling and platform tracking
- You present data in a clear and intuitive manner using appropriate data viz tools
What we offer.
- An ideal mix of corporate and start-up culture
- An experienced team of brand and start-up professionals
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Company Bike
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz underground station (we timed it)
- Business English and German courses
- Friday drinks, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruits
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so, we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Priyanka Singh, Technical Recruiter