We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the center of Berlin that strives to break up the car buying market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motivated digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
Who we are looking for.
- You are a senior/lead software engineer or architect
- You have experience building software solutions which are highly performant, scalable and maintainable
- You have a clear understanding of what constitutes a good user experience
- You are an excellent team player and mentor, who ensures that knowledge is shared and increased
- You thrive working in a diverse and multinational environment
- You have 5+ years in Java 8, Spring Framework and (non-) relational databases
- You have a strong understanding for developingand maintaining microservices using Spring Boot, as well as AWS and Kubernetes for deploying applications
- You have working experience in agile/scrum
- You have excellent English communication skills and an abundance of passion and enthusiasm for creating product
What you will do.
- Work closely with the Product Manager, designers and engineering individual contributors in your team to define feature specifications for the best user-centric products
- Create and maintain consumer product and features
- Contribute to the team's work with peer reviews and testing
- Work closely with team and the backend community across other teams to build and scale backend services for our platform
- Mentor and be an inspiration for junior software engineers across the engineering team
What we have to offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- An experienced international team of brand and start-up pros who truly make a difference
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Friday beer, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit.
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so, we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Smita Malviya.
Meet Rina Nakhla, Engineering Manager at heycar Group: