We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the center of Berlin that strives to break up the used-car market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motivated digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
After successfully launching heycar in Germany and UK we strive for a fast forward internationalization throughout Europe. Spain has been selected as the next heycar country. With the support of our shareholders (among them Volkswagen Financial Services, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and SEAT) we clearly aim to become the go-to platform for quality used and nearly new cars in Spain.
Since we intend to continue to grow internationally we are now looking for a Chief Technical Officer for our heycar Group. The new Group CTO will play a key role in the growth of our international organization and will be instrumental in shaping heycar's expansion into new markets.
Who we are looking for.
- You have 10+ years work experience, including a proven track record as CTO with previous and extensive knowledge in 2-sided marketplaces
- You bring experience building highly-available microservice infrastructure
- You have experience with building teams and strategy
- You have the ability to thrive in a startup environment, yet to navigate corporate stakeholders
- You have excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- You have experience with frontend technologies such as Redux, VueJS, Node.js as well as backend technologies such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Redis, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Kotlin, Golang, Python, AWS Kinesis, SNS/SQS and a couple more things.
Who we are looking for.
- You will define and implement heycar’s technology strategy and long term vision in collaboration with the product team
- You build, coach and inspire a highly-motivated team that is self-organized
- You work closely with and are a key part of the top management team
- You identify and manage relationships with strategic technology partners
- You will execute against company – and engineering KPIs
- You will identify and apply cutting-edge technology to further differentiate heycar
What we have to offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Choice between Mac and Windows laptop
- Home office option
- Employee credit card after passing probation period
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Language courses
- Friday drinks, doing sports together, team events and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so, we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Jens Papin, Team Lead Recruiting.