Who Are We?
heycar is changing the way customers find and buy their next car. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space.
After successfully launching heycar in Germany and UK we strive for a fast forward internationalization throughout Europe. Spain has been selected as the next heycar country. With the support of our shareholders (among them Volkswagen Financial Services, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and SEAT) we clearly aim to become the go-to platform for quality used and nearly new cars in Spain.
We therefore build up our local headquarter in Barcelona with establishing marketing, sales, customer service and operations locally, while product and engineering will be provided by teams located across Europe. In that context we are looking for candidates taking on responsibility as the “Accounting & Controlling Manager”
What Your Responsibilities will include:
- Implement accounting group standards
- Ensure month-end and year-end process, including local GAAP (monthly & yearly) and IFRS reporting (Quarterly and yearly)
- Perform monthly revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Manage investor reporting
- Process accounts payable/receivable
- Process personal expenses & travels
- Assure payroll & utilities processes
- Manage the treasury of the company
- Coordinate yearly audit process
- Manage tax declarations
- Oversee fixed asset accounting
You will work closely work with heycar group for reporting & accounting standards.
For all bookkeeping / tax & payroll matters you will be assisted by our external providers in charge of the monthly bookkeeping & payroll, as well as tax advisory.
What You Bring to The Role:
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Knowledge of Spanish GAAP (IFRS is a plus)
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Fluency in Spanish and English / German is a plus
What We Have to Offer:
- A great mix between the reach of an established corporate and the fast decision making of a start-up
- Growth opportunities in one of the fastest growing start-ups in Europe
- State of the art equipment to make sure nothing stands in the way of your ambitions
- An experienced international team of start-up pros who truly want to change the way people buy and use mobility
- Modern office as you would expect from a startup
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Katharina Adler, Recruiter (interim)