We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the center of Berlin that strives to break up the used-car market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motived digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
Who we are looking for.
- You have experience and a passion for building, launching, and scaling great platforms
- You are both a people manager and technically hands-on person
- You have already significant experience as an Engineering Manager or an engineering leadership role
- You bring experience managing infrastructure as code and shipping applications with containers, including tools like Terraform, Kubernetes or similar
- You understand how important security and governance are when it comes to infrastructure in a big organization
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning new things
- You excel at communication and group dynamics, enabling a sense of trust and safety
- You feel comfortable in constructively raising issues and inspiring change
- You thrive in dealing with or resolving situations of conflict, ambiguity, and uncertainty
- You bring experience with business and system analysis, understanding problems, proposing options considering the value and cost of the possible solutions
- You provide architectural and technical feedback on applications, integrations, tools and technologies aligned with the company-wide vision
What you will do.
- You will manage a team of Software Engineers
- You will focus on inspiring, mentoring and building strong relationships with your direct reports on a personal level and help them develop their careers
- Additionally, you will manage the delivery of projects by your team
You will work closely with our recruitment team to expand the team, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
- You will communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts in your team
- You have a very strong idea of the platform vision for the company and how your team enable the other teams to do their work
- You will coordinate On-Call schedules and Incident management policies
- You are the sparring partner to other Product and Engineering Managers and other cross-functional stakeholders across the company network when it comes to platform, architectural and even product related decisions
- You will work with the Head of Engineering and the CTO in nurturing the heycar Engineering Cultural Manifesto
What we have to offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Choice between Mac and Windows laptop
- Home office option
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Friday beer, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Katharina Adler, Interim Recruiter.