Principal Frontend Engineer
We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the center of Berlin that strives to break up the car buying market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motived digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
What you will do
Our platform team acts as an engineering efficiency team. This means that the platform team’s main partners are the product engineering teams and they work together to create impact and deliver value to our customers. The platform team take the lead and act as the main driver for tooling and engineering-wide initiatives, amongst other things.
We are now looking to enhance our team with a front-end expert who will take lead in driving cross-team front-end architecture initiatives, optimizations and research. The first initiative you will lead will be splitting our web-app such that it is optimized for our product teams structure and scale, and your expertise will be key to the delivery of this first challenge. You are humble, mindful, empathetic, self-aware and ambitious. Sharing what we are doing by talking in public about it or writing in our blog is something that motivates you.
Who we are looking for
- You are an expert in building software solutions while ensuring performance, scalability and maintenance
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with at least the last 4 years focused exclusively on front-end development and architecture
- You have a clear understanding of what constitutes a good user experience
- You are an excellent team player and mentor, who ensures that knowledge is shared and increased
- You find joy and passion in ideation and collaboration across our Design / Product / Engineering cross-functional community
- You thrive working in a diverse and multinational environment
- You are able to learn new technologies quickly, identify the value for heycar and influence business and technical peers alike in adopting them
What you bring
- Extensive hands-on experience with the modern frontend solutions including Redux, React, Vue.js, ES2015+, Webpack, etc.
- Expertise in cross-platform / device development
- Hands-on experience architecting and developing modern web-based platforms
- A passion for collaboration and mentorship
- Experience with end-to-end testing
- Excellent communication skills and an abundance of passion and enthusiasm for creating product
What we have to offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- An experienced international team of brand and start-up pros who truly make a difference
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Business English and German courses
- Friday beer, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Marta Gobbo, Technical Recruiter.