We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the center of Berlin that strives to break up the used-car market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motived digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
Who we are looking for.
- A senior/lead software engineer or architect with a clear understanding of what constitutes a good user experience
- You have at least 5 years experience building software solutions which are highly performant, scalable and maintainable
- You have experience in Fintech and successfully implemented solutions which integrate 3rd party systems, banking systems and/or white-label solutions
- You are an excellent team player and mentor, who ensures that knowledge is shared and multiplied
- 2+ years experience with Java 8 and Spring Framework
- A strong understanding for developing and maintaining microservices using Spring Boot, as well as Kubernetes for deploying applications
- A lean mindset
- Excellent German and English communication skills and an abundance of passion and enthusiasm for creating product
What you will do.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager, Designer and other individual engineering contributors of your team to build a great Financing experience that users truly love
- Contribute to the team's work with peer reviews and testing
- Work closely with team and the backend community across other teams to build and scale backend services for our platform
- Show willingness to take on new technologies and frontend work if and when required
- Proactively communicate and promote your ideas with your team and stakeholders
- Mentor and be an inspiration for junior software engineers across the engineering team
What we have to offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- An experienced international team of brand and start-up pros who truly make a difference
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Business English and German courses
- Friday beer, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Marta Gobbo, Technology Recruiter