Engineering Manager – Dealer & Pricing
We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the center of Berlin that strives to break up the used-car market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motivated digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
We are now looking for an entrepreneurial Engineering Manager for our Dealer and Pricing team which focuses on creating the best experience and best in market system for our dealers. You will be working in a cross-functional team, leading Individual Contributors which can be either or all of Backend, Frontend, Machine Learning and QA. More importantly, you have experience and a passion for building, launching, and scaling great products.
Who we are looking for.
- You are both a people manager and technically hands-on with backend systems
- You have already significant experience as an Engineering Manager or an engineering leadership role, or you are a very experienced Software Engineer confident in taking the step up to a people manager
- You have a profound understanding of software development process and agile methodologies
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones and care about learning in a continuous fashion
- You have significant experience working with engineering and product teams working in a user experience oriented cross-functional setting, ideally in scaled agile environments
- You have strong knowledge and experience with a variety of Agile approaches, including Scrum and Kanban
- You excel at communication and group dynamics, enabling a sense of trust and safety. You have the ability to influence positively people you work with
- You feel comfortable in constructively raising issues and inspiring change
- You thrive in dealing with or resolving situations of conflict, ambiguity, and uncertainty
What you will do.
- You will manage a team of Software Engineers. You will focus on inspiring, mentoring and building strong relationships with your direct reports on a personal level and help them develop their careers
- You will work closely with our recruitment team to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
- You will communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts in your team
- You will be the subject matter expert for engineering in your team
- You have a very strong idea of the product vision for the dealer team and how your team contributes to that.
- You are the sparring partner to the Product Manager for the team and other cross-functional stakeholders across the company network
What we have to offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- An experienced international team of brand and start-up pros who truly make a difference
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Business English and German courses
- Friday beer, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Miriam Volkmann, Interim Recruiter.