We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the center of Berlin that strives to break up the used-car market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motived digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
We are now looking for a Backend Engineer for our team which focuses on work on end to end for financing and Cash payments wherein, we are bringing the process for financing and buying cars closer to a e-commerce process to make better online experience.
Who we are looking for.
- You come with a profound knowledge and 2+ years of experience with web technologies like Java 8, Spring Framework and (non-) relational databases
- You are skillful with developing and maintaining microservices using Spring Boot
- You are familiar with AWS and Kubernetes for deploying applications
- You know how to use metrics in your favor for improving and scaling applications
- You master design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- You have a solution-oriented mind-set combined with a good mixture of pragmatism and quality standards
- You speak English on a business fluent level
What you will do.
- You will support our team with ideation, definition, planning, implementation and troubleshooting of features and projects
- You will work with definition and implementation of API’s with different teams, considering versioning and extension
- You will ensure code quality and maintainability as well as scalability of the code by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- You will collaborate with our developer team on optimization of the infrastructure
What we have to offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- An experienced international team of brand and start-up pros who truly make a difference
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Business English and German courses
- Friday beer, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Smita Malviya, Technical Recruiter.