CTO – Chief Technical Officer (m/f/d)
We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing startup in the center of Berlin that strives to break-up the used-car market by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies to become a leader in our space. While we are backed by a major German automotive player, we have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture. Our team of highly motived digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
Who are you?
- You have 8+ years work experience in IT, including 3 to 4 years experience into IT Head position with previous and extensive knowledge in 2-sided marketplaces
- You bring experience building highly-available microservice infrastructure
- You have an experience with rolling out data science teams and strategy
- You have the ability to thrive in a startup environment, yet to navigate corporate stakeholders
- You have excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- You have experience with frontend technologies such as Redux, VueJS, Node.js as well as backend technologies such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Redis, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Kotlin, Golang, Python, AWS Kinesis, SNS/SQS and a couple more things.
- Fluent in German and English.
Who we are looking for.
- You will define and implement heycar’s technology strategy and long term vision in collaboration with the product team
- You build, coach and inspire a highly-motivated team that is self-organized
- You work closely with and are a key part of the top management team
- You identify and manage relationships with strategic technology partners
- You will execute against company – and engineering KPIs
- You will identify and apply cutting-edge technology to further differentiate heycar
What we have to offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Choice between Mac and Windows laptop
- Home office option
- Employee credit card after passing probation period
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Language courses
- Friday beer, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so, we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Smita Malviya, Technical Recruiter.