ABOUT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
Welcome to Herschel Supply, where we make quality products for a lifetime of better journeys. Designed with timeless form and intuitive function in Vancouver, Canada, every piece is backed by our signature warranty for wherever you’re going next.
Since 2009, we’ve never stopped taking risks. We’re constantly innovating, growing our community, reducing our impact on the environment and heading on new journeys. We’ve gotten lost in new cities, made lifelong friends all over the world, road tripped with no GPS, and explored a ton of creative pursuits along the way.
Putting yourself out there isn’t easy. It means stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying something new. It might be scary at first, but it also leads to the best parts of life. Inspiring others to take that leap is what we live for. Wherever you’re headed, we’re here to help you pack your future with possibilities.
So, come along for the ride, get inspired and Put Yourself Out There.
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
We are looking to appoint two new Assistant Product Designers to join our talented Design team here at Herschel! The Assistant Product Designers will be responsible for working with the design / development / merchandising teams to assist with completion of design projects. You will be working directly with the Senior Designer on colour breakdowns, tech packs, market research, colour research, prints, and colour blocking. We have two positions available, one will focus on Classics, and the other on our Apparel and Headwear categories.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive, and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves in being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Assistant Product Designer will:
- Work with Sr. Designer on establishing day to day design needs
- Be part of the product design process, including market research, mood board concept creation, working with design, and overseeing spec files and fit
- Work with Product designers / Product Development / Product Merchandisers and factory representatives on new fabrics, designs, and treatments
- Assist design on finishing project in a timely manner
- Research global markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques
- Actively participate in the conceptual development of product lines
- Inform choices on silhouette, colour, print and pattern, fabric and trim
- 1+ years' experience working in a design role for a lifestyle brand
- Strong background in fashion and colour direction
- Ability to set a creative tone and to inspire ideas and new concepts
- Exceptional rendering skills
- Great sense of style and colour
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, colourways, sewing techniques, graphics and trims
- Understands the lifestyle market and how to translate that understanding to meet the market needs
- High degree of technical proficiency and skills in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly while staying on task
- Keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented with a passion for Herschel Supply's products and company values
YOUR JOURNEY WITH HERSCHEL SUPPLY
- 100% employer-paid extended health care premiums.
- RRSP matching program.
- Hybrid working environment (in office and work from home)
- Weekly creative sessions to help you design every moment.
- Weekly fitness and happy hours.
- Generous product discounts on our products which come with a lifetime warranty and are made from 100% sustainable materials.
- Continuous growth opportunities to ensure you’re fulfilled and reaching your career goals.
- Professional development subsidy.
- Additional vacation day per quarter to pursue creative endeavors, or to spend on personal, religious or cultural events.
- Delicious office coffee, snacks and beverages to fuel your creative mind.
- Maternity leave top-up for birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Employee assistance program.
- A dog friendly office.
- Ad-hoc employee events.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
We’re committed to creating a workspace that is safe, secure, inclusive and enjoyable for all. Stemming from our core values and initiating dialogue around our programs, we aim to empower everyone to share their individual voices and experiences. It’s with this openness that we are able to expand our view of who we are as individuals, and what we can do in our careers at Herschel.
At Herschel Supply, we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture that connects us to our customers and the communities around us while embracing and encouraging diversity in our employees’ age, colour, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion and other characteristics that make our employees unique.