ABOUT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
Welcome to Herschel Supply, where we make quality products for a lifetime of better journeys. Designed with timeless form and intuitive function in Vancouver, Canada, every piece is backed by our signature warranty for wherever you’re going next.
Since 2009, we’ve never stopped taking risks. We’re constantly innovating, growing our community, reducing our impact on the environment and heading on new journeys. We’ve gotten lost in new cities, made lifelong friends all over the world, road tripped with no GPS, and explored a ton of creative pursuits along the way.
Putting yourself out there isn’t easy. It means stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying something new. It might be scary at first, but it also leads to the best parts of life. Inspiring others to take that leap is what we live for. Wherever you’re headed, we’re here to help you pack your future with possibilities.
So, come along for the ride, get inspired and Put Yourself Out There.
ABOUT YOUR NEW THE ROLE
Start your adventure with Herschel Supply. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to join our second US store location in Woodbury Common! We’re looking to build our retail community with passionate creatives looking to take their careers to the next level. This is your new role if you are craving growth opportunities, group training, and a creative environment!
Herschel Supply Co. is looking for a Retail Sales Associate, a key member of the Herschel team. You will assist the team by delivering ‘next-level’ customer service. You will assist in creating an engaging shopping experience for our customers while working in a place where you can share your love for design, style, and interact with people in a real and authentic way. This position reports to Store Management & Key Holders.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves in being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Retail Sales Associate will:
- Continually learn product knowledge to confidently share information to customers
- Maintain knowledge of in-store stock availability on the sales floor, in backroom and online
- Actively maintain store appearance, keeping merchandise stocked and organized, while ensuring that the store is clean and well presented
- Receives and processes stock from warehouse (Boxes can weigh 10 - 30 lbs.) which includes; unpacking, scanning/receiving, counting, tagging as required, folding, sizing and placing on the floor, with overflow stock in back room and assigned storage areas
- Assist with re-stocking and pricing duties, including sale preparation as required
- Ensures items from change rooms are returned to appropriate area - sized and tagged
- Completes assigned clean-up duty
- Utilizes the Point of Sale system and Mobile Point of Sale System, processes payments, refunds and exchanges all while maintaining all cash experience expectations
- Stays on top of new products, trends and initiatives
- Participate in staff training and store events as scheduled
- Possess exemplary customer service skills
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- Builds relationships naturally, embraces individuality and diversity
- Comfortable working in a team focused environment and sharing ideas
- Multiple language skills are an asset
- Capable of working together with customers to resolve any service issues
- Work a flexible schedule that will include weekends, evenings, holidays, and special events
- Eager to develop new skills and is responsive to feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
We expect all part-time employees to be available for opening and closing shifts a minimum of three times per week. All employees must be available at least one full weekend day. Part-time is 25 hours or less per week. However, depending on customer volume, we can allocate full-time hours to support the business.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
We’re committed to creating a workspace that is safe, secure, inclusive and enjoyable for all. Stemming from our core values and initiating dialogue around our programs, we aim to empower everyone to share their individual voices and experiences. It’s with this openness that we are able to expand our view of who we are as individuals, and what we can do in our careers at Herschel.
At Herschel Supply, we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture that connects us to our customers and the communities around us while embracing and encouraging diversity in our employees’ age, colour, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion and other characteristics that make our employees unique.