ABOUT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
Welcome to Herschel Supply, where we make quality products for a lifetime of better journeys. Designed with timeless form and intuitive function in Vancouver, Canada, every piece is backed by our signature warranty for wherever you’re going next.
Since 2009, we’ve never stopped taking risks. We’re constantly innovating, growing our community, reducing our impact on the environment and heading on new journeys. We’ve gotten lost in new cities, made lifelong friends all over the world, road tripped with no GPS, and explored a ton of creative pursuits along the way.
Putting yourself out there isn’t easy. It means stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying something new. It might be scary at first, but it also leads to the best parts of life. Inspiring others to take that leap is what we live for. Wherever you’re headed, we’re here to help you pack your future with possibilities.
So, come along for the ride, get inspired and Put Yourself Out There.
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
Start your adventure with Herschel Supply. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to join our second US store location in Woodbury Common! We’re looking to build our retail community with passionate creatives looking to take their careers to the next level. This is your new role if you are craving growth opportunities, group training, and a creative environment!
The Key Holder is an integral part of the Store Leadership Team with responsibilities that include but are not limited to; supervising the retail floor, creating and monitoring selling initiatives, delegating and providing feedback to the team, and helping create a ‘next level’ customer experience. Under the supervision and direction of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager the Key Holder assists with all leadership duties that arise, as well as directly supervise all Sales Associates in the store. The Key Holder also works closely with the Store Leadership Team in supporting general day-to-day store operations, community management, and store-level marketing.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is a dynamic, supportive, and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves on being a collaborative, open-minded, and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Key Holder will:
- Create customer loyalty by providing ‘next level’ customer experiences through authentic conversation and product knowledge
- Communicate effectively all features, design benefits and advantages of the merchandise
- Receive and process stock, and complete re-merchandising
- Use the Point of Sale system to process payments, check inventory, returns, gift cards, and exchanges
- Drive sales and KPIs by fostering a feedback-driven work environment
- Encourage and energize staff and assist in evolving in-store functions and flow
- Promote the Herschel culture by becoming a Brand Ambassador and ensuring high levels of service and operations are maintained
- Sets goals with management for self-development and looks for new ways of developing both personally and professionally
- Act as a support to the store management team, assisting in management tasks and duties (opening and closing, shipment receipt, the performance of office responsibilities
- Support the Store Leadership team through participating at in-store events and team training
- Understand and be up-to-date on all Herschel marketing campaigns and activation's that are relevant at store-level
- Willingly take on other tasks as directed by the Store Leadership team
- A natural leader with training aspirations and some experience leading others.
- At least 2 years of related key holder experience
- Possess exemplary customer service skills and experience
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- Comfortable working in a team-focused environment and sharing ideas
- Multiple language skills are an asset
- Capable of working with customers to resolve any service issues.
- Work a flexible schedule that will include weekends, evenings, holidays, and special events
- Able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Visual merchandising, inventory and community management experience a strong asset
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
We’re committed to creating a workspace that is safe, secure, inclusive and enjoyable for all. Stemming from our core values and initiating dialogue around our programs, we aim to empower everyone to share their individual voices and experiences. It’s with this openness that we are able to expand our view of who we are as individuals, and what we can do in our careers at Herschel.
At Herschel Supply, we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture that connects us to our customers and the communities around us while embracing and encouraging diversity in our employees’ age, colour, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion and other characteristics that make our employees unique.