ABOUT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
Welcome to Herschel Supply, where we make quality products for a lifetime of better journeys. Designed with timeless form and intuitive function in Vancouver, Canada, every piece is backed by our signature warranty for wherever you’re going next.
Since 2009, we’ve never stopped taking risks. We’re constantly innovating, growing our community, reducing our impact on the environment and heading on new journeys. We’ve gotten lost in new cities, made lifelong friends all over the world, road tripped with no GPS, and explored a ton of creative pursuits along the way.
Putting yourself out there isn’t easy. It means stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying something new. It might be scary at first, but it also leads to the best parts of life. Inspiring others to take that leap is what we live for. Wherever you’re headed, we’re here to help you pack your future with possibilities.
So, come along for the ride, get inspired and Put Yourself Out There.
ABOUT YOUR NEW THE ROLE
Start your adventure with Herschel Supply. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to join our second US store location in Woodbury Common! We’re looking to build our retail community with passionate creatives looking to take their careers to the next level. This is your new role if you are craving growth opportunities, group training, and a creative environment!
As a leader of the Herschel Supply Co. store team, the Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for working with the Store Manager and driving a whole new level of service and sales excellence, executing marketing and visual campaigns, generating customer loyalty, and pushing to achieve and exceed all retail KPI’s.
Areas of focus for this role include being a part of creating a new sales and service experience, all aspects of the product, directed visual merchandising, store environment, store-level marketing strategies and campaigns, social media, and much more.
This position requires a high degree of desire to look beyond current retail models and be a part of a team to redefine retail as we know it. With a forward-thinking and retail research skillset, the ideal candidate will also work well with changing scope, an environment where quick decisions and challenging the norm are expected. The Assistant Store Manager will possess discretion, solid judgment and strategic decision-making abilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves in being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Assistant Store Manager will:
- Foster a work environment for teamwork, productivity and employee engagement
- Recruit, develops and nurtures talented individuals for advancement and growth by providing coaching and mentorship.
- Establish and manage staff schedules, in conjunction with Store Manager
- Uphold company and store standards, policies and procedures
- Role model high performance and behaviors aligned with the Herschel values and standards
- Assist with reporting and management-related administrative tasks
- Monitor team members’ work performance; deliver positive or constructive feedback timely; proactively partner with Store Manager on team member challenges
- Participate in the performance review process led by Store Manager; provide input as required
- Assist Store Manager with payroll duties and completing and maintaining team member employment-related records and files
Product, Sales and Service
- Present on the retail floor, with priority on service over tasking.
- Acts as a coach to Retail Specialists & Key Leaders and plays a hands-on roll in their personal and professional development
- Help oversee effective product and visual merchandising to drive sales and create a positive customer experience with the Herschel brand
- Acquire, teach and utilize in-depth knowledge of Herschel products each season, including fit, fabric and intended use of each product through workbooks, on-line and local sales reps
- Proactively lead and manage store loss prevention, inventory control and all other Policy and Procedure.
Store Environment and Marketing
- Assist in execution of tactical components of store marketing strategy and plans in areas including but not limited to events, social media and visual merchandising to drive customer acquisition and sales
- Oversee and ensure all aspects of organization and cleanliness of store
- Assist and support to develop creative and innovative solutions that adapt seasonal direction to their space in an inspiring way, while also rolling up their sleeves and supporting timely merchandising execution.
- Minimum three year’s work experience in retail / sales management, or an equivalent management role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, retail or related field an asset
- Experience in specialty retail preferred
- Experience in merchandising and inventory management
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate ongoing projects, plans and people development
- Love of brainstorming, problem-solving, being creative and resourceful
- Able to connect to the customer through excellent service, strong visual presentation and business ownership
- Strong record of encouraging, developing, and promoting talented team members towards their career goals
- Ability to analyze retail KPI’s and on-floor behaviors then troubleshoot – this skillset needs to cascade through the entire team
- Strong, organizational and analytical skills; ability to work effectively under time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines
- Must be highly detail oriented with the ability to fulfill responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
We’re committed to creating a workspace that is safe, secure, inclusive and enjoyable for all. Stemming from our core values and initiating dialogue around our programs, we aim to empower everyone to share their individual voices and experiences. It’s with this openness that we are able to expand our view of who we are as individuals, and what we can do in our careers at Herschel.
At Herschel Supply, we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture that connects us to our customers and the communities around us while embracing and encouraging diversity in our employees’ age, colour, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion and other characteristics that make our employees unique.