ABOUT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
Welcome to Herschel Supply, where we make quality products for a lifetime of better journeys. Designed with timeless form and intuitive function in Vancouver, Canada, every piece is backed by our signature warranty for wherever you’re going next.
Since 2009, we’ve never stopped taking risks. We’re constantly innovating, growing our community, reducing our impact on the environment and heading on new journeys. We’ve gotten lost in new cities, made lifelong friends all over the world, road tripped with no GPS, and explored a ton of creative pursuits along the way.
Putting yourself out there isn’t easy. It means stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying something new. It might be scary at first, but it also leads to the best parts of life. Inspiring others to take that leap is what we live for. Wherever you’re headed, we’re here to help you pack your future with possibilities.
So, come along for the ride, get inspired and Put Yourself Out There.
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
Herschel Supply Co is looking for a driven and capable Store Manager. As the leader of the Herschel Supply Co. store team, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving a high level of service and sales excellence, executing marketing and visual campaigns, generating customer loyalty and working to achieve and exceed all retail KPI’s. Areas of focus for this role include building a world class team, all aspects of product, directed visual merchandising, store environment, store-level marketing strategy, and much more!
The Store Manager will possess discretion, solid judgment and strategic decision-making abilities. It is key that this person work collaboratively with the various functional departments from HQ in Vancouver, BC as well as other leaders on the global retail network and team.
Working closely with the Director of Retail – Global, the Store Manager will be an integral part of the Global Retail Leadership Team and the development of a retail environment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
On a day-to-day basis, the Store Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Have responsibility to achieve budgeted sales, margin and profitability goals for the store
- Review and manage expenses on a regular basis; develop and implement strategies at the store level to grow sales and minimize expenses
- Hire, coach, discipline, and terminate employees in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Lead and supervise team members
- Foster a work environment that supports teamwork, productivity and employee engagement
- Manage staff schedules and payroll; ensure store hours, staff schedules and employee expertise meet the needs of the customers and the store performance
- Communicate and uphold company and store standards, policies and procedures
- Perform reporting and management-related administrative tasks
- Monitor team members’ work performance; deliver timely positive or constructive feedback
Product, Sales & Service
- Oversee and ensure execution of exceptional sales and service as per Herschel sales and service standards
- Acquire, teach and utilize in-depth knowledge of Herschel products each season, including fit, fabric and intended use of each product through workbooks, on-line and local sales reps
- Oversee effective product and visual merchandising to drive sales and create a positive customer experience with the Herschel brand
- Implement seasonal layout changes in the store and adapt as necessary throughout the season
- Proactively lead and manage store loss prevention efforts and awareness
- Oversee execution of physical inventory at store, in partnership with Directors of Retail and Finance
Store Environment & Marketing
- Ensure product and visual merchandising standards are executed, maintained and enhanced, including window displays and in-store merchandising, working in partnership with the Herschel HQ visual & retail merchandising team
- Oversee execution of tactical components of store marketing strategy and plans in areas including but not limited to events, social media and visual merchandising to drive customer acquisition and sales
- Oversee and ensure all aspects of organization and cleanliness of store
- Minimum of 3+ years of retail management and supervisory experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of retail sales and customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Experience in specialty retail preferred
- Passion for the “next level” of retail and customer experiences plus ability to consistently articulate what that is and consistently execute with each store team member and every customer that comes into the store
- Exceptional sales (opening/information/closing/follow-up) leadership skills on and off of the floor
- Proactive and self-directed
- Demonstrate strong initiative, organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively with head office
- Confident and persuasive style of communication is preferred
- Ability to analyze retail KPI’s and on-floor behaviors then troubleshoot – this skillset needs to cascade through the entire team
$50,000 - $60,000 depending on experience
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
We’re committed to creating a workspace that is safe, secure, inclusive and enjoyable for all. Stemming from our core values and initiating dialogue around our programs, we aim to empower everyone to share their individual voices and experiences. It’s with this openness that we are able to expand our view of who we are as individuals, and what we can do in our careers at Herschel.
At Herschel Supply, we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture that connects us to our customers and the communities around us while embracing and encouraging diversity in our employees’ age, colour, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion and other characteristics that make our employees unique.