ABOUT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
Welcome to Herschel Supply, where we make quality products for a lifetime of better journeys. Designed with timeless form and intuitive function in Vancouver, Canada, every piece is backed by our signature warranty for wherever you’re going next.
Since 2009, we’ve never stopped taking risks. We’re constantly innovating, growing our community, reducing our impact on the environment and heading on new journeys. We’ve gotten lost in new cities, made lifelong friends all over the world, road tripped with no GPS, and explored a ton of creative pursuits along the way.
Putting yourself out there isn’t easy. It means stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying something new. It might be scary at first, but it also leads to the best parts of life. Inspiring others to take that leap is what we live for. Wherever you’re headed, we’re here to help you pack your future with possibilities.
So, come along for the ride, get inspired and Put Yourself Out There.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Raw Materials Manager is accountable for Herschel's raw material strategy and execution including materials sourcing, vendor selection, and management. Reporting to the Sourcing Director, the Raw Materials Manager will work collaboratively with Design, Merchandising, Impact (Sustainability), Manufacturing, Supply Planning, and others to develop and procure best-in-class materials and create supply strategies that fulfill Brand goals. The ideal candidate will have extensive materials and vendor management experience, strong management acumen and an incredible passion for reducing the environmental impact of materials. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing brand that can offer further development opportunities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves on being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Raw Materials Manager will:
- Collaboratively create and evolve the Herschel raw materials strategy with relevant teams.
- Source new materials to meet quality, performance, hand, colour, cost and impact reduction goals.
- Work with supply planning, merchandising and vendors to plan for deliveries and innovate new agile ways of working.
- Negotiate with vendors on pricing, lead times, minimums, and other factors.
- Work with internal teams, vendors and finished goods factories to create seasonal delivery plans which ensure delivery and agility.
- Work with quality team to define and execute expected standards and processes using industry-leading practices.
- Research and pursue new ways to reduce our materials impact.
- Drive digitalization of our raw materials for use with our 3D Product Development Software and PLM system.
- Ensure the best margins without compromising lead-time quality.
- Secure the quickest lead times for materials without compromising quality.
- Do everything possible to support high quality, timely, and cost-effective delivery of all materials prior to finished good production.
- Production and/or sourcing experience for backpacks, apparel brands or factories.
- A degree in Textiles or Materials Science is a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of sourcing and supply chain with textiles for apparel and/or backpacks for wholesale and DTC business, with Asia based supply.
- You have expertise in negotiation and problem solving.
- You have a high level of self-initiative and a motivated attitude.
- Microsoft Excel and PLM experience required.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Herschel partners.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and remain detail oriented.
- Ability to develop strong relationships within cross-functional teams spanning time zones and cultures.
- Ability to travel internationally.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
We’re committed to creating a workspace that is safe, secure, inclusive and enjoyable for all. Stemming from our core values and initiating dialogue around our programs, we aim to empower everyone to share their individual voices and experiences. It’s with this openness that we are able to expand our view of who we are as individuals, and what we can do in our careers at Herschel.
At Herschel Supply, we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture that connects us to our customers and the communities around us while embracing and encouraging diversity in our employees’ age, colour, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion and other characteristics that make our employees unique.