ABOUT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
Welcome to Herschel Supply, where we make quality products for a lifetime of better journeys. Designed with timeless form and intuitive function in Vancouver, Canada, every piece is backed by our signature warranty for wherever you’re going next.
Since 2009, we’ve never stopped taking risks. We’re constantly innovating, growing our community, reducing our impact on the environment and heading on new journeys. We’ve gotten lost in new cities, made lifelong friends all over the world, road tripped with no GPS, and explored a ton of creative pursuits along the way.
Putting yourself out there isn’t easy. It means stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying something new. It might be scary at first, but it also leads to the best parts of life. Inspiring others to take that leap is what we live for. Wherever you’re headed, we’re here to help you pack your future with possibilities.
So, come along for the ride, get inspired and Put Yourself Out There.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Account Manager plays a key part in supporting sales growth across all accounts in the UK & Ireland, as well as Europe. You will provide essential sales planning support to Sales Management from pre-sales to execution to post-sales, and yearly as well as seasonal forecasting will be a major part of the AM’s role. The successful candidate will be highly commercial, detail-oriented, analytical and an excellent communicator to build strong relationships with all Accounts within the UK & Europe. Whilst the majority of the role will focus on nurturing existing independent and national key accounts, you will also focus on new business as we expand our product portfolio. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive and collaborative team, and be part of a fast-growing brand that can offer future development opportunities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves in being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Account Manager will:
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with accounts. Understand partner needs, business potential and positioning in the market.
- Analyse and interpret data (sell thru, weeks of supply, margin and replenishment programs) to reduce liabilities and maximise opportunities.
- Support and sell-in product to assigned accounts via phone, email and in person.
- Collaborate with Accounts to ensure orders are accurately processed and shipped on time.
- Maintain a high level of HSC product knowledge while understanding the competitor landscape.
- Work closely with Marketing to plan and support Marketing projects.
- Work closely with the Sales team to provide accurate yearly, seasonal forecasting.
- To input and help develop a 3-year Business Plan consistent with target consumer, marketing objectives and fiscal targets working closely with Sales team and Marketing.
- To develop and drive 3-year Business plan (as above) together with key UK team members.
- To manage and oversee sales with accounts ensuring that both Brand and Financial targets are achieved.
- Actively seek, drive and open new business.
- 360-degree Account Management
- Working closely and supporting all departments which include Operations & Finance
- Proven sales record, at least 2 years' Account management experience preferably in the fashion/lifestyle sector
- Ability to present to large groups
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced understanding of retail math; margin calculation, IMU, profitability, and product turn.
- Ability to foresee deadlines and plan accordingly
- Excellent organizational, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Excellent communication and coordination with internal and external team.
- Previous experience with EDI, SPS Commerce (or like program), Microsoft GP Dynamics or ERP & B2B Sales platforms
- Attention to detail and a strong ability to problem solve.
- Able to travel as needed
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Herschel Supply Company Ltd. which is located at 327-611 Alexander Street Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6A 1E1, and/or Herschel Supply UK Ltd., which is located at 5 New Street Square LONDON, EC4A 3TW United Kingdom. (“Controller”), and can be contacted by emailing Controller’s data protection officer email line at: firstname.lastname@example.org .Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating, and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
The Controller operates globally, so your personal data may be transferred from time to time to other companies in the Controller’s group of companies and affiliates. Before transferring your personal data to entities outside of EU, Controller will ensure that the necessary safeguards with regard to safeguarding privacy and data protection are offered.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate safeguards under standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT HERSCHEL SUPPLY
We’re committed to creating a workspace that is safe, secure, inclusive and enjoyable for all. Stemming from our core values and initiating dialogue around our programs, we aim to empower everyone to share their individual voices and experiences. It’s with this openness that we are able to expand our view of who we are as individuals, and what we can do in our careers at Herschel.
At Herschel Supply, we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture that connects us to our customers and the communities around us while embracing and encouraging diversity in our employees’ age, colour, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion and other characteristics that make our employees unique.