Herophilus is reinventing drug discovery for complex brain disorders by combining human brain models, scaled biology and machine learning to decode brain diseases, from genetics to neural computation. We’re building a world-class high-throughput cell culture, microscopy, and bioassay platform that requires integration of industry-standard and custom proprietary robotic systems. We harness the resulting deep biological insights to systematically discover novel drugs for complex neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases with a higher probability of technical success.
This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of three fields undergoing rapid evolution - complex biology, automation, and machine learning.
We are seeking a highly motivated Production Technician/Specialist to join our Biology team, performing a variety of routine laboratory duties. This role involves working on a shifted 5-day schedule that could include one or both days on the weekend.
In this position, you will assist with the following laboratory duties:
- Media making and aliquoting
- Assist with tissue culture maintenance
- Incubator cleaning
- Prepping reagents and plates according to protocols supplied by lab scientists
- Handling biohazard and chemical waste according to OSHA standards
- Maintaining tissue culture facilities, including cleaning tissue culture hoods, preparing labware and general lab housekeeping
- Assist with on-site Operations for inventory, orders, and deliveries
- Assist with molecular biological assays, such as qPCR, Flow Cytometry, Western Blot and/or Immunofluorescence staining according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Write and review standard operating procedures
Candidates must have:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- Prior laboratory experience
- Ability to correctly use general laboratory equipment
- Some light to moderate lifting is required
- Ability to work one or both days on the weekend, options for early morning or evening shift positions available
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Basic laboratory experience and familiarity with scientific laboratory equipment
- Experience handling biohazardous materials.
- Some experience with iPSCs or any tissue culture preferred
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth in an intellectually stimulating and fast-paced environment. These include medical/dental/vision coverage, 401(k) and FSA plans, a flexible vacation policy, paid parental leave, and support for relevant training.
Herophilus is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.