Herophilus is revolutionizing drug discovery for brain disorders. Founded by professors from Columbia University and UCSF and experienced technologists, we combine biotechnology, neuroscience, robotics, and machine learning techniques. We employ AI-driven phenotypic screening to discover novel drugs for complex neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s Disease and Rett Syndrome.
We’re building a world-class high-throughput bioscience data-processing platform that draws on advanced methods from computer vision, functional genomics, multi-modal data integration, Bayesian statistics, and deep learning.
This role is as a core member of our data science and machine learning team. You’ll participate in team-wide projects as well as lead the design and delivery of independent initiatives.
Our ideal candidate must have experience in computer vision model development in a production setting, spanning the lifecycle of data curation, labeling, model development, deployment and maintenance in production.
We look for demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Developing and / or integrating ML Ops systems for image labeling and annotation, model validation, deployment
- Handling large high-resolution, volumetric imaging datasets in cloud or hybrid environments for distributed labeling, training and inference
- Application of modern image segmentation architectures such as Mask R-CNN or U-nets in modern deep learning frameworks such as pytorch or tensorflow
- PhD in core computer vision research or applied computer vision domains such as medical imaging, pathology or autonomous driving
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment and the ability to deal well with ambiguity and act with autonomy
- High personal standards of reliability and a track record of driving projects to completion
- Initiative, curiosity, a bias for action, and a problem-solving attitude
In this position you will:
- Design and implement image preprocessing, annotation, segmentation and analysis pipelines
- Cross-train with other ML scientists via academic-style discussions and reviews
- Embed within biology teams in the creation, understanding and interpreting of biomedical imaging data
- Participate in the deployment of analysis methods into production
- Work full-time hours in our San Francisco office, once in-person work resumes
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and opportunities for professional growth, in an intellectually stimulating and fast-paced environment. If this excites you, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
Herophilus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.