Herophilus is reinventing drug discovery for complex brain disorders by combining human brain models, scaled biology and machine learning to decode brain disease, from genetics to neural computation. We’re building a world-class high-throughput cell culture, microscopy, and bioassay platform that requires integration of industry-standard and custom proprietary robotic systems. We harness the resulting deep biological insights to systematically discover novel drugs for complex neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases with a higher probability of technical success.
We are growing our data science team that's at the heart of our drug discovery efforts. We are looking for someone to help us build high-throughput data processing for microscopy images, neuron activity videos, genomics and biochemical assays. Our tech stack is primarily python in docker built atop the AWS cloud.
Candidates must have:
- Demonstrable experience with data analysis and visualization on complex data sets
- BS/MS in a quantitative or biology field, e.g., computer science, bioengineering, biology, physics, math
- Strong programming skills
- Python fluency in scientific computing and analysis tools; pandas, NumPy, SciPy
The work we do needs diverse perspectives and a variety of skills and approaches. Our ideal candidate will have some of the following:
- Experience with computer vision, supervised and unsupervised learning techniques, deep learning
- Track record of working on challenging biological problems and manipulating biological data sets
- Experience with large-scale data extraction from SQL databases, or queryable distributed file systems
- Familiarity with AWS
If you’re a creative and curious person with good programming skills and a passion for data analysis, you’d be a great fit!
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth in an intellectually stimulating and fast-paced environment. These include medical/dental/vision coverage, 401(k) and FSA plans, a flexible vacation policy, paid parental leave, and support for relevant training.
Herophilus is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.