This Accounting professional reporting to the CFO must have experience in all day-to-day accounting functions, including but not limited to, month-end closing, preparation of financial statements, general ledger reconciliation, broker-dealer/RIA operations, and financial reporting.
Hennion & Walsh is an advocate for the individual investor. We believe in putting the client first. At Hennion & Walsh, we know individual investors want a personal relationship with their advisor, and we believe in guiding our clients to achieve their financial goals and dreams through conservative income and growth strategies.
Hennion & Walsh is seeking an experienced Broker-Dealer FinOp/Senior Accountant for our growing company.
- Under the direction of the CFO, all day to day accounting responsibilities will be assumed by this position
- Month End Accounting, GL reconciliation, Daily P&L, Balance Sheet Preparation
- Administer sales, admin and trading desk compensation
- Preparation and submission of the FOCUS report and supplemental FOCUS filings
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable and commission reports
- Payroll processing and administration
- Preparation of all regulatory filings and audited financials
- Preparation of Daily Net Capital Computation, including Haircuts on securities
- Series 27 Finance and Operations Principal license required
- 10 years experience in accounting
- Professional experience and knowledge of both financials and operations in a broker dealer and RIA
- Understanding of the securities regulations, including net capital calculation
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Excel.
- Payroll experience preferred
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match