Helm Point Solutions is seeking Linux System Administrators and Docker Subject Matter Experts. If you are someone who thoroughly understands Linux OS, wants to gain more system administration experience supporting a new program, and wants to use your skills to support the customer's mission, the Linux SA position will be perfect for you! If you are someone with a lot of knowledge on open-source projects, open-shift Docker, who has contributed to open-source projects and reads the latest news on open-source technologies, the Docker SME position is the perfect match for you!
The Linux SA track requires RedHat 3-5 expertise. The candidate will perform application migrations, data migrations, storage provisioning, IP configuration and DNS configurations.
The Docker SME track requires someone skilled in Linux in general, but more-so working with Linux containers, OpenShift and Docker. You will likely be integrating these technologies across several programs. You will be looked to as a SME, a true consultant and will have the opportunity to interact with the OS community in Silicon Valley!
The Linux SA should possess the following skills & capabilities:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Linux, Windows, and some Solaris (Unix) systems
- Manage day-to-day operation, monitoring and problem resolution or IT systems. Daily activities include account management, installation and maintenance of operating system and application patches
- Install, configure and maintain required applications such as McAfee virus scanning tools, system event logging and auditing, configuration management tools, system health and monitoring tools, and IAVA compliance patching
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Configure and manages Linux, Windows and Unix operating systems and installs/load operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components
- Support the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
- Provide recommendations on required hardware and systems configuration to improve overall system performance and security
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of system configuration and operating procedures
- At least 5 years of hands-on system administration experience
- Strong experience with administering Linux systems
- Strong experience with administering Windows 2000R2
- Experience with administering Unix / Solaris systems
- Experience writing and maintaining Unix shell scripts and Windows batch jobs
- Strong Experience with installing and configuring virtualization technologies such as VMware and / or OpenStack
- Installing and configuring JEE/Web applications such as WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, and IIS
- Working knowledge of using openssl and Java keytool to generate key pairs is desired
- Able to install Solaris operating patches using pkgadd
- Able to install and configure yum repositories
- Working knowledge of installing and configuring vCenter Servers, and using vSphere client
- Build Active Directory domain servers
- Install Windows McAfee EPO server
- Create Windows & Linux Templates
- Run CCRI Security scans on templates
- Experience writing Windows Powershell scripts
- Experience in developing complex scripts in Ruby, Python, bash to deploy and maintain complex systems and applications
- Experience with working in cloud environments (OpenStack, VMware)
- Significant experience with Linux servers
- Experience with Platform as a Service solutions (OpenShift, Docker) are a plus
- Experience with managing MongoDB a plus
- Experience with applying security measures, developing scripts to apply those measures and troubleshooting the issues that may arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field from an accredited college or university. Four (4) years related IT experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Five (5)+ years of professional work experience.
- U.S. Citizenship
- TS/SCI + Polygraph security clearance