Helm Point Solutions is seeking an expert GEOINT Database Programmer for an opportunity in McLean, Virginia. We offer competitive salaries, excellent time off, benefits, and educational benefits. We are here for you while you support the mission and the team!
Apply now or read more about us at www.helmpoint.com
GEOINT Data Programmer
Clearance: TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Location: McLean, VA
Years of Experience: 11-14 Years
The Senior GEOINT Data Programmer is responsible for the operations and maintenance of existing government Java based applications as well as ARCGIS Python (arcpy) scripts for the production of Geo-location Intelligence (GLINT) and Telemetry Intelligence (TINT) data.
Responsibilities of position:
• Participate with the Software Developer/Programmer on the team to extract and produce GLINT/TINT on a monthly basis.
• Lead a small team of programmers with enhancing existing Java and Python tools.
• Monitor the development of changes to existing software as well as new programming efforts.
• Create new and modify existing Java harvester code to scrape new data for ingestion into an existing Elasticsearch data store.
• Create GLINT point features overlay products in the form of ArcGIS file geo-databases, shape files, Google Earth KML/KMZ, and CSV via an existing Python Tkl/Tk script utilizing the GLINT web services REST endpoints.
• Harvest telemetry data from internal data and other applicable data sources using the General Dynamics MAAS© software.
• Collaborate directly with Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) analysts to identify new GLINT/TINT data requirements.
• Modify, update, test, publish, and place under version/configuration control, new Java classes, as necessary, to produce new GLINT/TINT product sets.
• Alert the team when there is a data source malfunction or when a data source has changed.
• Perform software/script operations and maintenance to include updates, installations and modifications.
• Coordinate with Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) for issues related to installation and on-going operations.
• Support operational testing and ad hoc customer requests/changes.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Possesses an understanding and use of ESRI ARCGIS.
• Possesses an understanding of the ELK stack (Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana).
• Possesses in depth understanding and use of Advanced Python (arcpy) scripting.
• Possesses an understanding of JAVA development
• Possesses in depth understanding and use of HTML usage, Microsoft SharePoint usage & internals.
• Possesses in depth understanding and use of Network analysis, data management, multi-level security (MLS) methods and concerns.
• General all-source intelligence analysis to include permutations and conversion of geo-database files, shape files, Google Earth KML/KMZ, and CSV files.
• Regular expression usage, temporal expressions, and geospatial representations (datum, projections, and coordinate systems).
Script /software versioning and informal configuration management and control practices.