Helm Point Solutions was founded with the vision of creating a crew of focused individuals whom understand the importance of the mission, value their team, and add to the collaborative work it takes to provide superior security solutions in a quickly changing world. We understand that your career is an investment of your time. Meaningful, engaging work makes a difference in your life, and if this is what drives you – we want to align with you. Our Leadership prides itself on providing those opportunities that put you on the forefront of the growing security need.
Your voice, your input, is what makes you valuable to us. At Helm Point we provide a space where your ideas are heard, and your goals, as well as the teams, are considered in the decisions we make. Whether it’s the flexibility of work-life balance, educational and professional advancement, or your philanthropic passions we want to know what excites you. We support our crew in their endeavors. When it comes to looking for opportunities, our recruitment teams strives to connect you to career milestones that are going to add to your personal and professional growth. We take the time to help you navigate the best ways to highlight your experience, and can guide you in continuing to stay on the right path for you.
We are looking for an experienced leader to fill the following role for our client in Springfield, Virginia. If you meet these qualifications we'd love to talk to you about this opportunity - and more! Helm Point Solutions prides itself on its team and we are always interested in talking to leaders like you!
Position Name: Senior Security Specialist
Location: Springfield, VA
Desired Start Date: Immediate Fill
Overview: Provide support and oversee security administration, management, and oversight enforcement of sensitive program activities to include Intelligence Community Highly Restricted Controlled Access Programs. This candidate will provide support to Classification Management and Program Protection activities.
Required Certification: Must obtain DoD Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Certification IAW DoD Manual #3305.13M within 1 year of service start date
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI
• Experience with multiple Security disciplines – Industrial, Physical, Personnel, Cyber, Information is key
• Experience developing or implementing Classification Management policies
Duties may include:
• Monitor and manage security programs and operations supported by and providing status reports and recommendations for decisions.
• Assist, collaborate, and coordinate with other SIS offices and divisions (SISP, SISO, SISI, SISX, SISG, etc.).
• Develop solutions, and convey to internal and external customers.
• Provide agency level technical expertise concerning the identified security disciplines and operations support.
• Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records.
• Prepare and disseminate security procedures/guidance.
• Provide guidance as required in implementing security requirements.
• Manage project milestones.
• Develop life cycle plans.
• Update and maintain appropriate records (e.g. database and hardcopy) of security actions.
• Conduct inspections and performs assistance visits, as required
• Liaise with members of the DoD, the IC and other officials as required to keep abreast of current personnel.
• Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
• Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information.
• Acts as liaison with other federal agencies and contractors.
• Risk management – conducts surveys and render impact statements or recommendations.
• Prepare and deliver briefings to internal and external customers
• Prepares various forms of correspondence.
• Monitor and manage security operations and provide government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
• Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
• Provide security guidance to contractors using DoD and IC regulations and requirements – analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations.
• Investigate and prepare impact statements, and provide recommendations on security/security violations.
• Prepare SCI Controlled Access Programs (CAP’s), Special Access Programs (SAP), Alternative Compensatory Control Measures (ACCM) and other collateral materials for shipment to other agencies/sites IAW applicable security handling procedures.
• Prepare outgoing classified messages on employees/contractors visiting other government facilities.
• Provide technical security expertise in one or more of the following security disciplines: personnel, physical/industrial, computer investigations, and operations.
• Utilize security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
• Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
• Develop the required program/operation to support tasks/requirements.
For more information on benefits and our company please visit www.helmpoint.com/apply