Helm Point Solutions is seeking an experienced Information System Security Engineer for an opportunity in the Ft. Meade, Maryland Area. If policy, standards, and leadership are your superpowers we want to talk to you! We offer competitive salaries, excellent time off, benefits, and educational benefits. We are here for you while you support the mission and the team!
Apply now or read more about us at www.helmpoint.com/apply
The selected individual will provide Information System Security Engineering support for a large software development program which includes software maintenance and development, IT support (Network/Workstation/Server), systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). He/she will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. He/she will analyze threats and develop and implement best practice methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation.
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
• Work with development and integration teams to ensure that hardware and software architectures and implementations meet the specified security requirements for processing classified information.
• Work with system engineers and technical teams to provide security requirements for new capabilities being developed.
• Evaluate the impact of new development on the operational security posture of the system.
• Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
• Assist with preparation and maintenance of security documentation.
• Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation.
• Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies.
• Evaluate the security of systems using various tools such as Nessus and Kali.
• Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, Computer Science, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university and 5 years of relevant experience. 3 years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree (i.e. minimum of 8 years of experience).
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following (preferably more): current security tools, hardware/software security implementation, communication protocols, encryption techniques/tools, web services.
• Experience formulating and assessing IT security policy.
• Experience developing/implementing integrated security services management processes, such as assessing and auditing network penetration testing, anti-virus planning assistance, risk analysis, and incident response.
• Experience providing information assurance support for application development that includes system security certifications and project evaluations for firewalls that encompass the development, design, and implementation.
• Direct experience interfacing with one of more of the following groups: software developers, software testers, or integration, deployment, and sustainment personnel.
• Experience evaluating, reviewing, and testing security code.
• DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level III or higher.
• Experience preparing security plans for using an enterprise-wide security architecture that includes the design of cryptographic solutions.
• Past or current experience working as an ISSE on a government contract