We help make autonomous technologies more efficient, safer, and accessible.
Helm.ai builds AI software for autonomous driving and robotics. Our "Deep Teaching" methodology is uniquely data and capital efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional approaches. Our unsupervised learning software can train neural networks without the need for human annotation or simulation and is hardware-agnostic. We work with some of the world's largest automotive manufacturers and we've raised over $70M from Honda, Goodyear Ventures, Mando, and others to help us scale.
Our team is made up of people with a diverse set of experiences in software and academia. We work together towards one common goal: to integrate the software you'll help us build into hundreds of millions of vehicles.
- Work with leading automotive OEMs on next-generation autonomous driving applications
- Drive OEM proof-of-concept vehicle integration projects
- Collaborate closely with perception, sensor, and autonomous vehicle engineers to create best in class autonomous driving stack for L2+, L3, and L4 applications
- Guide system architecture and designs of Helm.ai’s real-time autonomous driving stack compatible with multiple hardware platforms
- Lead Helm.ai technical collaboration with hardware and sensor partners
- Provide guidance for effective validation of autonomous driving stack at scale
- Work with the production engineering team to prepare Helm.ai autonomous stack for mass deployment onto fleets of consumer vehicles
- Deep prior experience with leading real-time applications or real-time operating system design and development
- Experience shipping real-time safety critical applications in production to customers at scale
- Proficiency in C++ and familiarity with Python
- Professional experience with embedded microcontrollers and microprocessors (e.g. ARM, PowerPC)
- BS/MS degree in electrical engineering or computer science or equivalent hands-on experience
- Industry experience with TCP/IP networking
- Competitive health insurance options
- 401K plan management
- Remote-friendly and flexible team culture
- Free lunch and fully-stocked kitchen in our South Bay office
- Additional perks: monthly wellness stipend, office set up allowance, company retreats, and more to come as we scale
- The opportunity to work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade
Helm.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Helm.ai are considered the property of Helm.ai and are not subject to payment of agency fees.