We help make autonomous technologies more efficient, safer, and accessible.
Helm.ai builds AI software for autonomous driving and robotics. Our "Deep Teaching" methodology is uniquely data and capital efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional approaches. Our unsupervised learning software can train neural networks without the need for human annotation or simulation and is hardware-agnostic. We work with some of the world's largest automotive manufacturers and we've raised over $70M from Honda, Goodyear Ventures, Mando, and others to help us scale.
Our team is made up of people with a diverse set of experiences in software and academia. We work together towards one common goal: to integrate the software you'll help us build into hundreds of millions of vehicles.
You will be an integral part of our growing Autonomous Vehicle (AV) team. Our AV group rapidly stands up new end-to-end autonomous functionality to support robust vehicular autonomy in a wide range of conditions. We are responsible for developing and maintaining key autonomous driving areas including sensor fusion, high-speed motion planning and controls, complex lane keeping, and any new scenarios that may be required in the future.
You will develop AV software for use both in developer workflows and in the ROS-based middleware layer deployed across Helm’s fleet. Your work will enable Helm engineering efforts to move quickly and reliably as we develop for more complex AV scenarios.
- Write and test C++ code running in simulation and on hardware vehicle platforms
- Design new capabilities to solve novel AV challenges, and deliver complex projects through incremental development
- Integrate new platform revisions and hardware configurations into the system
- Build tools that deploy, execute, and monitor autonomous vehicle code in development and production workflows
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- 7+ years experience building and shipping production-quality software, with a focus in Linux based environments
- Proficiency with modern C++ (11, 14, 17) and Python 3
- Experience with building frameworks and infrastructure for large scale projects
- A high standard and commitment to quality by designing for maintainability, testability and efficiency
The following are not required, but a plus:
- Experience with ROS or other robotics middleware
- Experience with motion planning or control systems
- Experience developing safety-critical code (e.g. aerospace, medical devices)
- Experience developing performant software with significant latency constraints (e.g. aerospace, robotics, gaming, high-frequency trading)
- Competitive health insurance options
- 401K plan management
- Remote-friendly and flexible team culture
- Free lunch and fully-stocked kitchen in our South Bay office
- Additional perks: monthly wellness stipend, office set up allowance, company retreats, and more to come as we scale
- The opportunity to work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade
Helm.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Helm.ai are considered the property of Helm.ai and are not subject to payment of agency fees.