About Hello Heart:
Hello Heart is the only digital therapeutics company to focus exclusively on heart disease, the leading cause of death for U.S. adults. Through a connected device and mobile app that uses AI, behavioral science, and personalized digital coaching to drive lifestyle changes, Hello Heart empowers people to embrace healthier behavior, which can reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease. It also helps users catch blood pressure readings that are extremely high and encourages them to talk to their doctor to identify potential risk in time. Validated in peer-reviewed studies and trusted by leading Fortune 500 companies, Hello Heart is easy to use and works alongside an employer’s benefits ecosystem. Founded in 2013, Hello Heart is a member of the American Heart Association’s Innovators’ Network and is part of the CVS Health Point Solutions Management program. Hello Heart is backed by leading VCs including Stripes, Khosla Ventures, IVP, Blue Run and Resolute. Visit www.helloheart.com for more information.
About the Job
As a Lead UX Researcher, you'll be responsible for understanding our users' needs and behaviors and translating these insights into actionable recommendations to influence design and product strategy. Reporting to our VP of Product Design in our Tel Aviv office, this will be our first inhouse researcher. This role is based in the New York City Metropolitan Area and is a hybrid role working at least two days per week in our NYC office.
- Own, suggest, and evolve research methodologies.
- Conduct user interviews, usability studies, A/B tests, and more.
- Train designers and Product Managers on user research methodologies.
- Review all user interview questions and suggest assumptions for studies.
- Gather, interpret, and formalize insights from user research.
- Own the UX data and suggest what data we should use.
- Share user research findings with the team to inform product UX.
- Create a user research studies roadmap.
- Mentor and lead our UX team as we grow our Research Hub.
- 7+ years of experience in UX research, with a proven track record of leading impactful research initiatives in a fast-paced, product-led SaaS environment.
- Experience working on a US-based product.
- Experience working at B2C companies with a mobile application offering.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, User Experience Design, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of the latest trends in tech and business in the US market.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to present research to stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Experience working with mobile-connected hardware (e.g. wearables, IoT, etc.)
- Experience reviewing user interview questions.
- Experience interpreting and understanding insights from user research.
- Experience managing the logistics of user testing.
- Experience gathering information from marketing teams.
- Experience conducting surveys.
- Experience assessing the impact of A/B tests and new features.
- Proficiency in Figma with a strong understanding of its advanced features and collaboration capabilities
- Experience working in the Health-tech industry.
We're looking for someone who loves people as much as they love numbers. If you're passionate about understanding users and using insights to create better products, we'd love to hear from you.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $115,000 to $180,000. Salary ranges are determined by role and level. Compensation is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the annual salary only and do not include equity or benefits.
Hello Heart has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are collaborative, creative, and courageous. Oh, and if you want to see some recent evidence of the fun things we do at Hello Heart, check out our Instagram page.